Toppings help

Help with the POS Pizza databases, Items + Toppings, Employees, Customers, etc
canadian2for1

Toppings help

Post by canadian2for1 »

Hello everyone new to the site and first time here. Getting into an existing business so new at this POS stuff. Getting to know the machine and was wondering something. When I place an order and someone orders their pizza and they want double of a topping some of the items are greyed out and will not allow me to do so. What we have to do is click on another topping so it adds the extra price and then I have to go into the description and tell it I don't want that particular extra topping I can click on and then tell it I want double of what the customer wants. For instance if someone wants double tomatoes I have to click on pineapple to add the extra price and then I have to state no pineapple double tomatoes. This does not seem right to me. None of the toppings 2x should be greyed out. Why is this? Also how can I change it? Any help would be appreciated.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Toppings help

Post by Scott »

To get the double topping to be available. Go to the Master Items for each item in question, and then select the Toppings1&2 tabs and edit each of the toppings. On the topping sub-page, make sure the option Allow Double is clicked. I would also take a look at page 59 in the (managers) documentation for a full explanation of adding toppings to items.

Scott
canadian2for1

Post by canadian2for1 »

Scott thanks for the reply. I managed to do what you said and some success. I was able to go into a certain pizza ie ham and pineapple and I was able to change the ham to 2x. It was greyed out before. Only one problem it saved the changes when you go into 2 for 1 but if you go into single pizza the 2x is still greyed out. Another thing we were trying to change is the pizza name. The previous owner had the hawaiian as #13 in the description on slip. We want to change it to Hawaiian when it prints. Again I was able to do this for the 2 for 1 pizzas but when you go into single and select Hawaiian it still comes up as #13 on the order and I would guess it would print it that way. Why the 2 problems. Seems like were making some progress.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

canadian2for1 wrote:Scott thanks for the reply. I managed to do what you said and some success. I was able to go into a certain pizza ie ham and pineapple and I was able to change the ham to 2x. It was greyed out before. Only one problem it saved the changes when you go into 2 for 1 but if you go into single pizza the 2x is still greyed out. Another thing we were trying to change is the pizza name. The previous owner had the hawaiian as #13 in the description on slip. We want to change it to Hawaiian when it prints. Again I was able to do this for the 2 for 1 pizzas but when you go into single and select Hawaiian it still comes up as #13 on the order and I would guess it would print it that way. Why the 2 problems. Seems like were making some progress.
You will need to change each and every Item to allow the double toppings on them if they were not initially set.

To rename or delete master items you must first go to the Maintenance menu and then run Daily Maintenance. After you do this (and before any new orders are placed on the system), you can rename or delete master items. Once an order is active in the system, you will not be able to rename or delete items until the next daily maintenance is run. Daily Maintenance should be run once at the end of each day.

Scott