Receipt vs. Kitchen printer

General Seup or Installation Help
biondes

Receipt vs. Kitchen printer

Post by biondes »

I am fairly new to this software, my setup, 1 order console with receipt printer and 1 kitchen receipt printer. I would like to take an order at the console and forward the receipt (or kitchen receipt) to the kitchen printer. when the order is paid then a receipt to be printed at the console.
I have setup the Make-line options and now I am getting one printed document for each item on the order at the kitchen printer and a full receipt at the console. This seems to be a lot to print.
any help out there?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Hi,

If you only want a second copy of the receipt, then you would want to set it up as printer #2 in the Local Config instead of setting it up as a order console printer. The order console printing is designed for box labels which is why you are getting 1 printout per item.

If you only want kitchen items, then you can use KPrint to get the items on a receipt-like printout.

Scott
biondes

Kprint

Post by biondes »

Scott,
well I really want 1 receipt to be printed in the kitchen at order time, and 1 receipt to be printed at the console at cash out time.

I set up the Kprint software.... is there any way to change what is printed?

thanks
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

KPrint was added to print data from the make-line system. It can only print what is there, so you really can't change much other than the names of the items and toppings.

As far as having receipt printers print at different times this is not doable at this point in time. We may allow specifying different printers for different tasks in a future version of the software. ie, initial order goes to printer a, cashout goes to printer b, reprint goes to printer c, etc... For now you can only separate print times by using KPrint and the standard receipt.

Scott
mblack4d

Re: Receipt vs. Kitchen printer

Post by mblack4d »

Is the KPrint still a viable Program? I have the kitchen printers printing full receipts and I would like to make them print with Make Line 1 and 2 at the top so its not as confusing. I know with the full versions I can use the extended graphics option however I don't and can't. Help?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

KPrint is part of POS Pizza v5, and is no longer required in v6, and therefore is no longer part of the package.

Scott
mblack4d

Post by mblack4d »

Ok well was there any way to differentiate between make lines when printing in the free version?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Other than the differences in items on them, no.

With some printer models you can upload a logo. This might be something that could work too. Put a different logo on each printer. The logo is nothing more than an image file, so it could contain just text too.

Scott
mblack4d

Post by mblack4d »

I did seperate say all Pizza Station Items to Make Line 2 and then all dinner items and salads to Make Line 1. Then when I adjusted printer filters to only print Line 1 and Line 2 the Non-Inventory Items would no longer print to the kitchen. I used Printer 2 and 3 but defined it as the same printer with different filters. Is there any reason Non-Inventory would not print to the back. I tried adjusting 1 printer to do Make Line 1, 3, & 4 but it still ignored the non-inventory. Any Ideas? Currently I have one printer doing all 4 make lines and one printer only doing make line 2 so that Pizza Station can at least get his own tickets.

Thanks,
Viva Roma
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Non-Inventory doesn't go to make lines. It's not an inventory item, and there is no way to designate a specific line number for it, since it is not.

Scott
mblack4d

Post by mblack4d »

Well That's odd and the only reason I say that is as long as I have a printer that prints for Make Lines 1-4 it does print non-inventory items on the receipts in the kitchen. Must be a call failure in the xml path and just pushes it anyways.

Thanks Scott
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

That would be a filtered receipt (different than labels).

When all 4 boxes are checked for receipts, that receipt will print everything. That is the default behavior for receipt printers. Receipt printers 2, 3, and 4 allow filtering to be added so that only specific items print, by checking 1 to 3 boxes.

When less than all 4 boxes are checked, then only inventory items that are assigned to one of the make-lines (checked on that printer's filter setting) will print.

If you need special instructions to print, then you can set these for any of the inventory items on the order, and they will also print on filtered receipts.

Scott