Help with uk caller id

General Seup or Installation Help
horndeanpizza

Help with uk caller id

Post by horndeanpizza »

I have connected a zoom v92 modem and installed the 1.1 software.

Everything seems to be working but i get no cid in pos it just says waiting for call.

When you open the server a light comes on in the modem so it must be communicating with it, its just not getting the cid information.

The manual with the modem says to activate cid enter AT+vCID=1 into data communications program ?

I have it on line 1 com 2 it is a single incoming phone line.

Help Please
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Make sure that your ModemSrv.exe file version (right-click, then version tab) is 1.1.0.0 and then try launching it with the /NF command switch. The CID server already Inits the modem with the AT+VCID=1 string, so it should be working fine. The server will also exit and give an error message if it cannot init the modem.

Also try testing the modem using HyperTerminal in Windows. If you open a standby window and type in AT, the modem should respond with OK once you get to this point, call into the phone line and you should see the following.

RING
NMBR: caller number here
NAME: caller name here
TIME: call time here
RING
... Additional rings shown here...

You should also maybe try moving the modem to another COM port.

Give these things a try and see what you come up with.

Scott
horndeanpizza

Post by horndeanpizza »

Have tried in hyperterminal typing at+vcid=1 getting ok then ringing but no cid is being displayed. I dont think it is a problem with pos and the modem is the one suggested with caller id.

The only remaining part is the com port, the computer is probably quite old as it came secondhand from a friend.

Could the com port be causing a problem?

Matt.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

horndeanpizza wrote:Have tried in hyperterminal typing at+vcid=1 getting ok then ringing but no cid is being displayed. I dont think it is a problem with pos and the modem is the one suggested with caller id.
Hyperterminal should say OK when typing in the AT... command, but once you have done that, leave the program open, and call the number of the phone line plugged into the modem from another telphone.

This is when you should see the RING and CID info show up.

Scott