Restore a backup from 1 computer to another...

General Discussions
Papa-Enrico

Restore a backup from 1 computer to another...

Post by Papa-Enrico »

Hi... I downloaded and installed ver 7 of POS Pizza LT, a little while ago...experimented with it and created a somewhat menu....I now have an all in one computer and I installed Ver7 and tried to restore, from a usb that I backed up from Laptop. Question is, How do you restore from 1 computer to another?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Restore a backup from 1 computer to another...

Post by Scott »

For the LT version use these steps:
  1. From computer 1, run the management utility, and click "Maintenance" on the top toolbar.
  2. From computer 1, click "Backup / Restore Database", then click the "Create Backup" button. and choose your backup location (USB stick).
  3. Remove the backup media from computer 1, and then attach it to computer 2
  4. From computer 2, run the management utility, and click "Maintenance" on the top toolbar.
  5. From computer 2, click "Backup / Restore Database", then click the "Restore Data" button. and choose your original backup location (USB stick).
Once you have done this, you will see the exact same data on your new computer as you had on your original computer.

Scott
Papa-Enrico

Re: Restore a backup from 1 computer to another...

Post by Papa-Enrico »

I kept trying that and it wouldn't show up on 2nd computer, then I changed usb port and it worked....thank you!