creating new data base

Questions and Answers about the POS Pizza 6 and newer Database
franke

creating new data base

Post by franke »

I have created a new data base with Data Base creator tool, I want to move my menu to it so I have my orders start over, I've entered many orders on the original data base testing. I cannot find the new data base in utility management, that I created. I need to figure out how to start the data base and import my menu?
I tired to figure it out thru the Manager Pdf.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: creating new data base

Post by Scott »

By creating a new database, you will also lose your entire list of customers and employees. Optionally, you can purge the order history from your existing database by using the database maintenance tool which is in the Management Utility. This will only delete the previous order history back to a certain point like 6 months or 1 year ago, or your can choose to delete the entire order history too. This will leave all of the rest of your data such as customers, employees, and menus in tact. You can also purge customers who haven't ordered within the last 2 years (or other time range) using the same tool.

----

If you still want to start from scratch, and move your menus, follow the steps below.

1. Log into the management tool and export your current menu using the Menu XML Export tool.
2. Run the server admin tool and stop the server.
3. Rename the file pospizza.PZ6 ( found in C:\POSPizza6\Server ) to old_database.PZ6
4. Delete any other .PZ6 files, but do not delete your old database (old_database.PZ6)!
5. Run the database create tool and create a new empty database.
6. Run the server admin tool and start the server.
7. Run the management tool and import your menu XML file using the Menu XML import/export tool.

Again, following the steps above, you will need to add all of your employees from scratch, and you won't have any current customers. Customers will be created with new orders.

Scott
franke

Re: creating new data base

Post by franke »

Thank you Scott.