Receipt problems

General Discussions
Jakematthews2010

Receipt problems

Post by Jakematthews2010 »

I have the newest version of the software and i added all of my info in and told the receipt printer to not print a box around store info and always print address on receipt. But its not printing address and it still prints the box around the store name and phone number. Also after the tendered info it prints so many empty lines and then the promo message. How do i fix this..?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Receipt problems

Post by Scott »

If you are getting a bunch of blank lines then likely the delivery instructions are set wrong. On the first page (General Settings) of Local Config, set the delivery printing (at the bottom) to either "Do Not Print" or "Same As Receipt Printer". The other option is for standard full page printers, not continuous feed receipt printers.

To get your store's address at the top of the page you will need to select one of the enhanced printing profiles and add that at the top in the script where it is desired. Note that these are only available to the full versions of the software however.

Scott
Jakematthews2010

Okay I already have it on “same as receipt printer “ but it still prints the same thing. And there is no way to get my address on the receipt if i have the free version?
Jakematthews2010

Yeah i just re checked it and the dilivery printing is turned off but it still prints a blank area.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Which printer do you have? What printer definition are you using?

Scott
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Jakematthews2010 wrote:And there is no way to get my address on the receipt if i have the free version?
You could put it in the slogan message or in a promo message, but if you want it in a specific location, you can only do that with the enhanced printing modes which are only supported in the full version. The free version only has the standard print modes which cannot be customized.

Scott
Jakematthews2010

I have a Epson TM-T88IV and i am using the printer setting “Epson TM-T88xx”
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Make sure that the following are set correctly.

The printer definition should match exactly what is shown in the image above.

Delivery printing must be set to "Same As Receipt Printer"

Your printer settings in local config should look like this. Printer #'s will vary, but you want to make sure that you are using the Epson TM driver and the TM88 printer type.

Once this is done, and if the driver itself has not been modified in the Windows control panel, you should get a receipt very similar to the one pictured below
The margins on the receipt pictured above are the result of using all of the default settings for the printer driver, and the default Epson TM88 profile in it's original unmodified form.

Scott