Creating a delivery area

Questions and Answers about the POS Pizza 6 and newer Database
Jluttrell

Creating a delivery area

Post by Jluttrell »

Hi,
I have most of the program setup but can't find the section on where to get street information and how to load it into POS Pizza to create a delivery area database.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Creating a delivery area

Post by Scott »

On the toolbar select Customers, then Delivery Zone Editor. If you have a simple flat delivery fee then you can use a default rule to set the fee. If you want to use more advanced setups, you will need to create multiple rules. See the Manager's docs starting at the bottom of page 38 for details.

You can also download the Streets 2 Zones tool from our downloads page, but you will need a street database setup first in the Main POS.

Scott
Jluttrell

Post by Jluttrell »

is there a source to get street data for the database, or do i have to enter each street name and number range manually?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Jluttrell wrote:is there a source to get street data for the database, or do i have to enter each street name and number range manually?
As far as I know, some of the companies providing wall maps for delivery are can also provide a CSV file with local streets in it. I am not sure exactly which ones do this, but maybe someone else here can chime in and answer that.

Scott
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Here's the entire world. Be careful of like street names in multiple post codes. You may want to omit importing the zip/post code in some cases or may need to go back and manually edit a few entries after the import. Import only the street name, and optionally the post code, use *BLANK PLACE HOLDER* markers in the other fields leading up the the STREET and POSTCODE as needed. You don't need place holders on the values after the last value that you are importing.

Removing dupes will speed up the import process but is not necessary. Editing the CSV ahead of time is highly recommended however, to keep unwanted streets or areas from your database. The less that is in the database, the faster it will be overall.

https://openaddresses.io/

Making a backup of your database is also highly recommended before making any major changes such as this.

Related Post: http://forums.summitcn.com/viewtopic.ph ... 576&p=5356

Scott