Trying to get back into a "test" database

Questions and Answers about the POS Pizza 6 and newer Database
SlickRickDFW_

Trying to get back into a "test" database

Post by SlickRickDFW_ »

About 45 days ago I setup a test database to research the features of POSPizza. I tried to logon back into the database with the Management Utility, but have managed to lock my Account: It states, 507 Account locked: Too many bad password attempts. I loaded the sample data into the initial database and modified a good bit of menu items for a demo.

Can I save this database or should I delete it, un-install the software, and start once again? I hate to lose the work I did previously for the demo. Just frustrated with old age!
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Trying to get back into a "test" database

Post by Scott »

You have the "Force PCI" mode enabled or have manually set a time restriction. The default is a 30-minute lock. Retry your login in 30 minutes and it will let you in. Make note however, that each new bad password attempt will lock it for an additional 30 minutes until the correct password is used.

The database is definitely still usable, no need to discard it and start over. This is just a security feature which is configurable within the software.

Scott
SlickRickDFW_

Post by SlickRickDFW_ »

If I can't come up with the right password, was there an Admin/Supervisor level account created with the default sample data? I'm hoping I could get in and reset my account password. I know, I might be in sad shape here without remembering that original password... I thought I had documented it in some online records, but can't find those db details.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Call tech support, we can do a password reset on that account, provided that you remember the login ID.

Scott