POS 6 Possible Glitch

Questions and Answers about the POS Pizza 6 and newer Database
Hometown Pizzeria

POS 6 Possible Glitch

Post by Hometown Pizzeria »

Here is the complete picture of the problem we noticed tonight on a order. The Ticket Number was 017274 for a regular customer in our main database. I will walk through step by step what took place and you will see the final result. We have seen this before and cannot understand how this happens.
1. The order was placed via the telephone.
2. Customer was in our database prior to order.
3. System assigned ticket number #017274
4. After all the items had been placed in the order, they requested it to be a delivery.
5. System operator clicked delivery and submit.
6. The points award popped up and it gave the customer a free item reducing there overall ticket price.
7. The final price was $27.58, The cashier selected No payment Applied.
8. When the order was complete and ready for delivery.
9. The driver checked out on delivery ticket #017274.
10. The driver returned from the delivery and logged in.
11. Driver checked in on delivery #017274.
12. The pop up screen for him to enter the amount collected did not pop up on the screen. The order acted just as if it was a credit card or payment had been made prior.
13. The driver notified me of the "no" payment window popping up for him.
14. I had the driver log out of the driver module.
15. I ran the drivers report and the order was on his delivery report and it had a line through it as if it had been paid prior.
16. I then viewed the Order Summary Report and the order #017274 was on the list with all the information.
17. All data was correct until it got to the Payment Types it said Points Tip was $0.00 Tendered was $0.00 Tax showed $2.34 Total showed $27.58
18. I then checked the receipt again and the one I just printed matched the driver receipt showing amount owning was $27.58 and Payment Due still showed $27.58.
19. I then checked the "Cash Out" button on the main system and it still showed ticked #017274 open and not paid.
20. The ticket number #017274 showed it had been delivered in the system on the driver report yet a line drawn through the amount the driver owed.
21. I had to close the drivers bag and using his report add the amount with the line drawn through it in order to get the correct amount the driver owed us.
22. I then had to close the ticket #017274 using the main system, using the "Cash Out" button. This way the ticket would be closed for it remained on the cash out screen.
23. The system then printed a receipt for the payment and showed amount tendered of $27.58.
24. I rechecked the driver report and it remained the same with the amount having the line drawn through it showing the driver was not responsible for it being in his bag.
25. I rechecked the Order Summary report and it now showed Cash/Points as payment method and the $27.58 payment showed as being tendered.

We have had this type of thing happen randomly before and could not figure out so the drivers always made out with extra cash for those deliveries. Tonight we had a driver let us know of the software not asking for cash tendered so we caught the problem and the draw was not short. We would always prior go back through the "Cash Out" button and close items we knew had been closed. The problem was the draw would always be short on those nights. This problem is not a regular thing but very random maybe 1 time in 100/300 or so tickets or it could be even less frequent.

Open to thoughts?

Thanks,
Keith
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: POS 6 Possible Glitch

Post by Scott »

Hi Keith,

I just ran through your steps two different times, once with a freshly created order, then again with one that was edited (changed quantity on drinks). Everything functioned as expected so there has to be something else that is triggering this. That is why I decided to try it with an edited order. Does your driver console configuration have the Disable "Other Payment" Option set?

Also you said that the driver reported that a no payment needed box showed up?? There is no such box, so that struck me as very odd. If no payment is required on a return from delivery, the payment option is skipped altogether for that order. No boxes come up. The only thing remotely close is the "Partial Payment" warning. If an order was partially paid by cash, and when the driver returns it would read as;

This order was partially in cash paid by Debbie:

Give $10.74 to them and tell them it is for Order #017548

In order to get this message, a partial cash payment would have had to have been made by the cashier at one of the POS stations and the remaining payment would need to be completed by the same person, since there is only one cash column in the database table.

Keep an eye on this and see if you can figure out a unique set of circumstances that may be happening when this happens. So far I can't get this to happen.

Scott
Hometown Pizzeria

Post by Hometown Pizzeria »

I just ran through your steps two different times, once with a freshly created order, then again with one that was edited (changed quantity on drinks). Everything functioned as expected so there has to be something else that is triggering this. That is why I decided to try it with an edited order. Does your driver console configuration have the Disable "Other Payment" Option set? NO we keep this off to prevent the possible problems it could create.

Also you said that the driver reported that a no payment needed box showed up?? When a item is considered to be a credit card it does not prompt the driver for payment and this is the same thing that happened for this delivery it acted like it was a credit card payment when it was not.There is no such box, so that struck me as very odd. If no payment is required on a return from delivery, the payment option is skipped altogether for that order. No boxes come up. The only thing remotely close is the "Partial Payment" warning. If an order was partially paid by cash, and when the driver returns it would read as;

This order was partially in cash paid by Debbie:

Give $10.74 to them and tell them it is for Order #017548

In order to get this message, a partial cash payment would have had to have been made by the cashier at one of the POS stations and the remaining payment would need to be completed by the same person, since there is only one cash column in the database table.

The one other thing we noticed it might be linked to using the main console to over ride the driver switching from one driver to a different driver for we notice the same think happen last night on another driver when the order was originally checked out to driver #1 it showed up on the new assigned driver #2 as the amount had a line through it as if it was a credit card and driver said it did not ask for the amount received. The delivery did not show on driver #1 records after we had made the switch and it showed on Driver #2 report but had a line through the amount and it had not asked for a return check in amount.

Keep an eye on this and see if you can figure out a unique set of circumstances that may be happening when this happens. So far I can't get this to happen. I agree we will keep tracking this and try to pinpoint a key set of circumstances that trigger this.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Hometown Pizzeria wrote:The one other thing we noticed it might be linked to using the main console to over ride the driver switching from one driver to a different driver for we notice the same think happen last night on another driver when the order was originally checked out to driver #1 it showed up on the new assigned driver #2 as the amount had a line through it as if it was a credit card and driver said it did not ask for the amount received. The delivery did not show on driver #1 records after we had made the switch and it showed on Driver #2 report but had a line through the amount and it had not asked for a return check in amount.
I just changed drivers a couple of times here, once before the run and once during the run. In both cases it prompted for payment as normal.

Take a look at the order summary report and see what payment method is shown on that specific order. In order to get a line through it it has to be marked paid. The paid is a flag value in the database that is set to on, once the sum of all payment types equals or exceeds the amount of the order. This flag can only be set on cash-out (payment type box) in the POS, Quick-Add, or Dine-In modules, and also gets enabled by the driver console after the driver is prompted and enters a valid cash amount.

Scott