Reward Points Question

Questions and Answers about the POS Pizza 6 and newer Database
michaelspizza

Reward Points Question

Post by michaelspizza »

I'm having an issue with the Rewards Points system. Let's say I assign a plain cheese pizza 10 points rewarded on purchase and 100 points needed to redeem. When someone purchase the plain cheese pizza and they have 100 points they get the pizza for free.

Now, the person gets the plain cheese and adds toppings to the pizza increasing the price/cost but the system still gives the pizza away for free. Is there a way to only give the pizza away and to charge for the toppings? This applies to any item where toppings can be added.

I would expect that any extra items would still be charged for.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Reward Points Question

Post by Scott »

When a reward is issued, it is applied to the "entire" item as it sits. If you want to do other methods, a work-around will be needed.

If you only want to give a reward on a "cheese pizza", then setup another pizza called cheese pizza with no optional toppings, and allow this item to be purchased with points too. Next set another item up that prices just toppings (0.00 base price). The cheese pizza could be purchased with the points, and the toppings only item could be called something like extra toppings on cheese pizza and would only charge for the toppings. You could also set an item requirement on the 2nd item so that it requires the cheese pizza to be on the order.

Scott
michaelspizza

Post by michaelspizza »

Thanks for the reply and for the suggestion. I ended up just raising the points required to cover the average number of toppings usually purchased.

I use the plain cheese pizza as a base for all my "build your own" pizzas and without knowing if the customer has enough points to purchase a plain pizza we would have to always choose the plain pizza with the cost associated with it then choose the 0.00 base pizza which I think would be too much trouble.
MarkD29

Post by MarkD29 »

michaelspizza wrote:Thanks for the reply and for the suggestion. I ended up just raising the points required to cover the average number of toppings usually purchased.

I use the plain cheese pizza as a base for all my "build your own" pizzas and without knowing if the customer has enough points to purchase a plain pizza we would have to always choose the plain pizza with the cost associated with it then choose the 0.00 base pizza which I think would be too much trouble.
Is it not possible to have the option to set up the reward program based on dollars spent?
For instance, 1500 pts equals $15 dollars...the customer gets a $15 credit (it could go right into the credit portion on POS) and then they could buy whatever they wanted and get $15 off. It would also give us the benefit of being able to upsell their free item to a larger size or encourage them to add toppings.