Database type

Questions and Answers about the POS Pizza 6 and newer Database
NetTech

Database type

Post by NetTech »

I see that you said that you are using SQLite for the POS system. I am guessing that is only on the stand alone version since SQLite is an embedded database engine without network support. Just compact local access. What system are you using on your server? MySQL?

Jake
H-Man
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: Database type

Post by H-Man »

I could be wrong, but I am fairly certain that all 3 versions CS, LT, SA, do use the same data so that you can easily move data from one type to another.
NetTech

Post by NetTech »

Thanks but "same data" is not equal to "same database" or DBMS. The free version is most definitely using SQLite, but the network version has to be using a networked DBMS. Unless it's sharing an SQLite file via file sharing. Then it really wouldn't be a true client/server platform, and from what I have read so far it says it is.

Jake
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

NetTech wrote:Thanks but "same data" is not equal to "same database" or DBMS. The free version is most definitely using SQLite, but the network version has to be using a networked DBMS. Unless it's sharing an SQLite file via file sharing. Then it really wouldn't be a true client/server platform, and from what I have read so far it says it is.
The networked version [CS] is client/server and does not share any files via file sharing. The client and server portions talk to each other via pure TCP/IP. The server is our own, and uses SQLite under it as the Database System. All requests to/from the database are transported from our server to the clients over a TCP network connection. The server can handle any SQLite stuff as well as dongle and other stuff needed by the POS system.

The database file and structure is 100% identical for all 3 versions of POS Pizza 6.x as H-Man pointed out. These data files are standard SQLite database files and are completely portable between the different versions of POS Pizza 6.

Scott