Install new CS client for version 6.91

Questions and Answers that relate to the [CS] Version of POS Pizza 6 and 7
mporreca

Install new CS client for version 6.91

Post by mporreca »

I just purchased a store running POS Pizza V6.91. It is running the Client Server version, and has the server plus one client installed. I would like to install the driver console on a new workstation at this point, then once that's in place and the team is comfortable with that, upgrade to the latest version, and then possibly adding some of the optional components, and more stations.

I tried getting the Driver Console up on a new workstation, but was not successful when I followed the documentation. I downloaded version 6.81 from your site and ran the installer. It didn't give me the option to install just the driver only console, and once it was installed, didn't give me any option to "find" the server or plug in the server's IP address. It looks like it's running in standalone mode right now, and not talking to the other machines.

I updated the firewall on the local machine to allow connections on the local network, and can ping the server from the new workstation. I don't see the option to connect the local installation to the server, and don't see that in the documentation. Can you point me in the right direction, or tell me what I'm missing?

Thank you.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Install new CS client for version 6.91

Post by Scott »

A couple things.
  1. You should download 6.92, not 6.81.
  2. It sounds like you may have downloaded the free version instead of the CS version. The free version does not include a driver dispatch.
First you need to uninstall the free version. Go into the Windows control panel, and remove POS Pizza [LT], don't remove [CS]. Once that has been removed, go to the Licensed v6 File Repository and then go into POS Pizza 6 [CS] & [SA] (6.92.00) (near the top of the list) and download the CS version at the bottom. After that has downloaded, use that installer and you will see the options for driver console only installs, and other options during the install process.

You can also run this installer on the other stations, and keep all of the current settings during the install to upgrade them to the same version. Just keep clicking "next" on the install wizard, and keep the settings. This will update the software on all stations to the same version.

Scott
mporreca

Re: Install new CS client for version 6.91

Post by mporreca »

Thanks, Scott. It's amazing how smoothly this goes when you use the right version. :-)

This is installed and working well. Thank you.