MUNBYN Bluetooth Printer

General Discussions
dcr_Moes

MUNBYN Bluetooth Printer

Post by dcr_Moes »

Has anyone tried to use the MUNBYN "Bluetooth 4.0 POS Printer P047, 80mm Receipt Printer, Direct Thermal Printer with USB Serial Ethernet, Bluetooth, Android Windows PC" sold on Amazon. I am trying to setup a kitchen printer in an old building where running cables can be a REAL PAIN and wondered if the Bluetooth interface on this printer would work with POS Pizza. This printer is one of the less expensive units which I might be able to justify purchasing and then repurposing if it doesn't work in the kitchen.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MUNBYN Bluetooth Printer

Post by Scott »

Bluetooth, WiFi, and any connectivity in general, is handled by Windows, not the POS. So if the printer is accessible to Windows, and can successfully print a test page, then it is accessible to the POS.

Whether or not that printer will work in general however is unknown. As long as they provide a current Windows driver, you should be good. You could always purchase the printer and test it. Returns are generally very easy with Amazon, should it not work.

Bluetooth has a pretty limited range of around 30 feet under optimal conditions. You may want to opt for a WiFi printer if this one gives you trouble. You could also get a WiFi bridge, and use the Ethernet port on the printer over a WiFi link.

Scott
dcr_Moes

Re: MUNBYN Bluetooth Printer

Post by dcr_Moes »

I was thinking about the try & return strategy as well. The distance is only about 10-15 feet but there is a concrete wall between the POS stations and the kitchen and the building architecture makes routing another cable a pain. (A dedicated DoorDash printer is working in this mode.) I may also look at the wifi connectivity as an option. MUNBYN does provide a driver for windows and there are a number of different POS systems that (MUNBYN) claims work with their printer so I guess I will give it a shot. I know that getting a well-known name brand would be a for-sure solution but in these times the restaurant budget is pretty tight and I was hoping to save them a few bucks. (My time for them is free...well, basically I get paid in pizza.) Thanks for the quick response.