Emailing a receipt

General Information about POS Pizza 8
Papa-Enrico

Emailing a receipt

Post by Papa-Enrico »

I don't have online ordering... some customers are asking if we can email them the receipt after they pay by credit card (because someone else is reimbursing them). Wondering if there is a way to do this or am I delirious? Thanks
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Emailing a receipt

Post by Scott »

Online ordering does have the ability to email receipts, but from within the POS there is not a way to email a receipt at this point in time. You would need to manually take a picture of the receipt and email that to the customer.

Scott
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

*Update: POS Pizza v8.50.00 introduces the ability to email receipts to customers directly from within the POS. When settling or reprinting an order that is associated with a customer account the cashier will be presented the option to "Print Only", "Email Only", or "Print & Email" the receipt.

Scott
Papa-Enrico

Post by Papa-Enrico »

That is so awesome Scott! Thank you so much...You're the bestest
Papa-Enrico

Post by Papa-Enrico »

Hi scott. I updated the new version, but i can't seem to find how /where the email part is. I went into the Manag Utility- Global system - print options an selected the 'Prompt/Can Email box. I then went into POS and tried an order (with an account), cashed it out, and no email. Is there something else we need to check or do? Thanks
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Configure --> Email Receipt Settings

Fill in your mail server info. See the last 2 pages (105 & 106) of the Manager's docs for details.

Scott
Papa-Enrico

Post by Papa-Enrico »

SUCCESS!! Thank you...
Update.... Not a success. Computer tech was here and couldn't figure it out...
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Papa-Enrico wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:06 pm Not a success. Computer tech was here and couldn't figure it out...
You need an SMTP mail server. The addresses for those are usually smtp.somedomain.com, or mail.somedomain.com. Your ISP should have one of these available to you. Call your internet provider.

Put the SMTP mail server address in the field provided. Next supply the FROM email address. Find out from the server provider what type of authentication is used, and set the username / pw and other settings as needed for that server.

You can't simply set the SMTP mail server address as gmail.com, hotmail.com, yahoo.com, etc since those are web based services. This requires a direct email server. I believe some of those services provide them, but you would need to get the details from them for SMTP usage. The easiest solution is to use your ISP email server.

Scott
Papa-Enrico

Post by Papa-Enrico »

Wow, you're not kidding! Trying to setup Gmail was a nightmare, so I gave up on that. But I got it to work through my home internet provider and email Rogers/Yahoo. Easy through them.
Thanks again Scott
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

FYI for others reading this thread. I found this about setting up gmail for SMTP mail. Refer to the Outgoing Mail section.

Based on this, a setup would look something like this in POS Pizza.

Scott
Diamatron

Post by Diamatron »

I would like to be able to select "never print' in the global settings, while getting prompted for receipt type when using the reprint button.

Rick