8.40.01 Slow...

General Information about POS Pizza 8
wcpc

8.40.01 Slow...

Post by wcpc »

We have noticed that the new upgrade install of 8.40.01 from 8.30.00 is slow to respond in "classic" mode on some of the buttons, but especially on the "Edit Order" button... I count 4 SECONDS for the list of orders to open from the time I click the button... it used to be "nearly instant" in 8.30...
Wondering if anybody else has seen this happening as well? I notice it on the order entry screen on both the Server and clients (Yes I use the Server as a order entry terminal)
JimD
Windy City Pizza
Charleston, IL
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 8.40.01 Slow...

Post by Scott »

It may be the phone formatting when there's a large number of orders in the list. The original version processed the digits in blocks, this version process it character by character to help format the phone numbers for any region, so it is slower. I can see situations where the list is large where this could take some time.

I have created a version that removes the formatting from the "edit order", "void order", "reprint order", etc lists. This should be much faster. Give it a try, and I will re-release an update with these changes in a complete installer.

You can grab the updated Main POS executable update from here: viewtopic.php?t=2381

Scott
wcpc

Post by wcpc »

Thank you Scott... Letting you know this fixed the problem, it's back to being as fast as it was before I installed the update.
JimD
Windy City Pizza
Charleston, IL
Mstominator

Post by Mstominator »

I had the same problem!
And yes, this fixes the problem for me as well!
fakhar4

Post by fakhar4 »

its giving errors most are missing dll files even i downloaded some but still not able to install kindly help.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

fakhar4 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:39 pm its giving errors most are missing dll files
That is because it's not a complete install. Unzip the file into your C:\POSPizza6\CS folder directly replacing the original POSPizza.exe file.

I will get full release versions out this week.

Scott
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

POS Pizza v8.41 (full installer) has been released to include these fixes all in a single installer.
wcpc

Post by wcpc »

One more screen to report as being slow, didn't improve with your fix (or installer update)... CC Functs / "Add Tip" screen...
Didn't notice it until tonight (Friday night) where I had a pretty big list of credit card tickets...
Thanks for all you do to keep us humming along!
JimD
Windy City Pizza
Charleston, IL