how to delete cash only sale

General Information about POS Pizza 8
fakhar4

how to delete cash only sale

Post by fakhar4 »

how to delete cash only sale by date or date range ?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: how to delete cash only sale

Post by Scott »

Make lines allow you delete completed orders, and not based on payment type. This is done by pressing the F4 key. The lines will automatically remove any orders older than 24 hours as well.

Scott
fakhar4

Post by fakhar4 »

HI Sccot my quiestion was not about make line . it was if i want clear the cash sale only date wise or month wise is it possible?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

I was confused because you posted this in the make-line forum. I moved it so it is now in the proper place.

--

There is no way from within the POS to remove only cash transactions. The IRS imposes heavy fines on POS companies that provide such features, so it won't be added in the future either for this reason.

Scott
H-Man
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by H-Man »

fakhar4 wrote:how to delete cash only sale by date or date range ?
SQL editing tool would work if you know how to use SQL commands. Careful if you don't because you can trash your entire database.
fakhar4

Post by fakhar4 »

thanks sccot its becuse one of my employee was not changing payment method and submitting as cash . im like stuck i dont wana delete one bye one it takes a lot time . it shows more cash and less debit which is wrong . thanks again
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Again we can't legally make a bulk delete cash transactions tool.

You can use an SQL editing tool to change the payments from cash to debit. There are many free tools available, but probably one of the easiest is SQLiteExpert free version (they have a full paid version as well).

To do this download and install the SQL tool on your server PC. Stop the database server. Make a backup copy of your database file by copying the file POSPizza.PZ6 in the server folder to another location for safety.

Next open the file POSPizza.PZ6 in your server folder using the SQLite tool. In SQLiteExpert go to the tabs along the main part of the screen. You'll see a tab named SQL near other tabs called SCRIPTING and SQL BUILDER, select the SQL tab.

Next copy this SQL command, and update the date ranges at the end to meet your needs. *This example does all of June 2020's orders:

Code: Select all

UPDATE orders_tbl SET debit_tot=cash_tot, debit_csh_bk=change_amt, cash_tot=0, change_amt=0 WHERE record_type=1 AND paid_in_full=1 AND voided_order=0 AND cash_tot>0 AND debit_tot=0 AND time_paid BETWEEN '2020-06-01 00:00:00' AND '2020-06-30 23:59:50';
Next go to the SQL tab where you should see a 1, and right-click and select "Edit" -> "Paste". You should now see the SQL above (with your date range edits) next to the 1. Next click the small button at the bottom of the page labeled "Execute SQL".

If you aren't using SQLiteExpert, then execute the SQL statement above with your needed date range edits.

Once the statement has been executed all of the cash paid orders that fall within the designated date range, will be converted to debit paid orders.

After you have completed this task, close your SQL editor, and start the server, and exit the server admin tool.

You can verify the changes by running the order summary or sales summary reports.

Scott
fakhar4

Post by fakhar4 »

thanks scott ur life saver