Thermal Kitchen Printer

General Discussions
Mstominator

Thermal Kitchen Printer

Post by Mstominator »

Anyone have a script for an Epson TM-20ii for the kitchen?
It's a great receipt printer and I am using it as a Generic/Text only printer on my current Aldelo system.
I'm switching over to POS Pizza and would like to continue to use it in my pizza kitchen, but Generic/Text only isn't an option for printer type.
Right now, it will only print a "receipt", which is too small to be read in the kitchen and I don't want all the other transaction information on it for the kitchen.
I have tried to mess with a new printer script, but can't seem to get it right.

Any options for me?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Thermal Kitchen Printer

Post by Scott »

Try installing the Epson Advanced Printer Drivers for Windows. They should work with your printer, and once installed you will be able to use any of the graphical print modes in POS Pizza to customize what is sent to that printer.

Scott
Mstominator

Post by Mstominator »

Thanks, I already have the advanced printer driver though The one in our pizza kitchen is wireless and I had a heck of time getting it to print years ago. I use the same Epsons up front as receipt printers. I spent a great deal of time on the phone with Epson to get it to work and ultimately Epson said that it had to run on the Generic/Text only because it was somehow interfering with the front receipt printers. It's been working fine for four years. Within our old POS there is a printer type "Epson TM-U200 Large Font Autocut" that prints great. That's really what I was looking for......an additional printer "type" within the station settings. I think we will end up having to just buy a different printer, but thanks.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

If your existing printer driver is working from within Windows control panel and can print a test page, then it will work fine with POS Pizza. Just select that same driver from the Local Machine Configuration settings.

Scott
Mstominator

Post by Mstominator »

Thanks for trying, but I just bought an impact printer, so the receipts printed the way I want them.

Next question though.......The orders print fine, but a voided order does not. It seems to use a different script or something.

Any idea why?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Yes, voids use a canned template so that the slips look different than the normal ones. This is done so people in the kitchen recognize it as a void immediately.

Scott