mangager access

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
DevonP

mangager access

Post by DevonP »

Something is messed up with my manager program. I used to see a bunch of icons when I clicked configure, now I only see 3. Maintenance has 1 item, and the rest of it looks okay. It just did this one morning when I logged in and I'm not sure why.

Help! I can't run my system this way.
DevonP

Re: mangager access

Post by DevonP »

One more thing. This is the default supervisor account that I am using and it even says that at very top of the screen.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

It sounds like the access was lowered on that account. The accounts are fully encrypted so this can't accidentally happen. A data corruption would end up trashing the entire account, so this was deliberately done by someone.

My first question is, did anyone other than you (that you know of) have your login credentials for the supervisor account?

If yes, then you need to talk to these people.

If no, then further investigating will need to be done. You can start by looking at your employee accounts (if you still have access) and seeing if they are all there, or there is one ore more missing from the list. If an employee account is missing then that person may have figured out your supervisor login, and then changed their account to a supervisor account, and then logged in with their account and lowered the access on the default supervisor account. The database will always have at least 1 supervisor account.

If you don't have access to the employees, or you don't get anywhere this way, your last option is to do a backup of your database, and email it to tech support so that they can figure out which account is the supervisor account. Once this is done, we can walk you through how to reset the password on that account and regain access to your system. Once in with this account, supervisor rights can be restored to your default supervisor account.

Scott
DevonP

Post by DevonP »

All of my employees have the login for this account. They need it to do certain tasks since their accounts can't do them. I am using the free version so can I still use tech support? I thought it was only for the full version.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

DevonP wrote:All of my employees have the login for this account.
This is definitely not a good idea. Only you should have access to the full supervisor account.
They need it to do certain tasks since their accounts can't do them.
It sounds like you may be using the "Standard Cashier Account" type for your employees. It is far better if you use the "Custom User Account" type instead, and then enable any features that each specific user needs in order to perform their specific duties.

If you go to the Windows "Start" menu under "All Programs" -> "POS Pizza 7 [LT]" -> "Documentation" there is a document called POS Pizza Security.pdf. I would highly recommend reading through that document. It is relatively short, but gives you good information on properly securing your system. Each user should have their own login account, and should never use another account for any reason.

If the documents aren't installed, you will need to re-run the installer for POS Pizza and choose the "Install Documentation" option. For the LT version, don't run the database creation tool at the end since you already have a database.
I am using the free version so can I still use tech support? I thought it was only for the full version.
You can purchase a 3-hour support block at our online store. Otherwise you can continue to work here, but if you can't figure out which account on your system is now the supervisor, you may need to get your database to support. The cost for a 3-hour block is presently only $105, and the time is billed by the minute and never expires. This means if you use 30 minutes for this issue, you will still have 2.5 hours remaining for future use. Again this time won't expire and will always be there until you use it up.

It sounds like one of your employees logged into the system and either created a new supervisor account, or gave themselves supervisor access. If they gave themselves the access, you won't be able to see them in the employees list as mentioned in my previous post. They then used the new account to go in and remove the supervisor rights from your current supervisor account.

This problem can definitely be resolved but you may need to get the help of tech support, or download a SQLite tool and try to make a list of your user accounts using that tool and attempt to figure it out on your own.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Scott
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Another Option:

You can also install the new "Database Query Tool" if you haven't already done so and use it with the following script to show all users in your database. This tool is part of the LT installer, and you have to check a box on the installer to include it in your installation. This is a command line tool which runs from the Windows command prompt. If you do not know what this means or are uncomfortable with this, you may want to purchase a support block instead.

Once the query tool is installed create a file in note pad called "ShowUsers" and enter in the following or copy it from this post.

Code: Select all

server=auto
database=pospizza.pz6
csv=users.csv
query=SELECT EmployeeID FROM employees_tbl;
Save the file in the C:\POSPizza6\LT folder.

Click the folder icon on the bottom task bar in Windows. Click "This PC" (Windows 8, 10) or "Computer" (Windows 7) and then double click on the main hard drive. It will end with (C:) in it's name in the main window. locate the folder called POSPizza6 and double-click it. Locate the LT folder inside of that one and double-click it.

Click the very top of the window where it shows "xx (C:) > POS Pizza6 > LT" and replace what is there with CMD and press enter. This will open up the command window in that folder. It is a black box. Click in the black box and type in the following command;

pospzdbqt showusers.txt {after typing this, press the Enter key}

The window should show something similar to;

POS Pizza v6+ Database Query Tool (c)2000-2019 Summit Computer Networks, Inc.

SRV:
DB: pospizza.pz6
CSV: users.csv
QRY: SELECT EmployeeID FROM employees_tbl;
Database opened!
+.......DONE

Database closed.

C:\POSPizza6\LT>

At this point, click the X in the top-right corner of the black window to close it.

Next look in your other window "xx (C:) > POSPizza6 > LT" for a file named users.csv If you have Excel installed you can double-click the file to open it. If not, then right-click on the file and select "Open" and then choose "Notepad" to view the file.

The file will contain 1 user login ID per line, inside of quote marks, starting on the second line (the first line is the header). Look for any user IDs that you never saw before, because this will likely be the new supervisor account. It should also be at the bottom of the list as the names should come out in the order created.

---

Again if this is not for you, please consider the tech support route.

Scott
DevonP

Post by DevonP »

I was able to finally get the query tool working and there is a new account that I am not familiar with at the end of the list. What do I do from here?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

I have sent you a private message. Follow the steps in the message to reset the password on the odd account. Once you have reset it, you will log in using that account, and if it is a supervisor edit your default supervisor and restore the supervisor access on that account. After that log back in with your default supervisor, change its password, and then delete the odd account.

Scott