Kitchen Printer

General Discussions
Diamatron

Kitchen Printer

Post by Diamatron »

We installed the u220b today. Got it setup in windows with a static IP. In the POS it doesn't print as printer 2 for the make line. If I setup it as Printer 1 it does print the Customer receipt. And it puts the Delivery words in Red, but not the exclusions toppings.

I am not sure what to specifically ask, but any advice? I used the us2xx printer and driver set in the POS settings.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Kitchen Printer

Post by Scott »

The following settings should be set before hand:

In Global System Config:
On Printing Options tab
- When Order is first entered: Always Print
- When Order is Edited: Always Print or Prompt
- When Cashing Out: Always Print or Prompt

12 Check boxes at the bottom which should be checked:
Initial Slips to Printer #2, #3, #4
Edit Slips to Printer #2, #3, #4
Cash out Slips to Printer #1

--------
Next in Local Machine Config, Printer Settings tab configure printer #2 type and point to your printer driver that you have setup in the right-hand drop-down list for printer #2.

Next make click the filter button for printer #2 (between the 2 drop down lists), and make sure that all 4 lines are checked! You can change this later, but for initial testing all 4 should be checked.

At this point your system should print whenever you first click the "submit order" button.

--------
If you don't want to bother with filtering, then ignore this section....

To filter items, you must go into Master Items, and edit each item that should print and set the 1st Makeline: Line 1 and save. Other items should all have the make lines set as: Disabled.

Once this is done, go back to the filter button in between the printer drop-downs in local config and only check Line 1.

Scott
Diamatron

Post by Diamatron »

Thanks that worked. Though I wasn't expecting it to simply print a customer receipt in the kitchen. From when I understand the Full versions will correctly print a make line order.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

You can view the graphical receipt slips for make lines by going into the Global Printer Definitions, and selecting "Graphical Kitchen I+ (or II+) and then editing that profile. On the right is the script to produce the ticket, and just above the script edit area is a "Test Script" button. Click that button to view a sample of what the slip would look like on screen.

These can be further edited, or you can create your own from scratch using the scripting. As noted, these types of slips are only available in the full versions of the POS. You will also want a thermal printer to use these, since they are 100% graphical, some dot matrix printers can be too slow at printing them.

Scott
Diamatron

Post by Diamatron »

The two reasons I went with the matrix printer in the kitchen was for the 2 color, and non thermal paper. When we put credit card slips on our Pizza Boxes they would get ruined from the heat. Having the exclusions and special remarks in Red on the reciept seemed like a good idea.

We have the U220b Network Printer. Can you show me samples of what I should expect the Make Line receipts to look like when we setup the Full Version of the POS. Therefore I can know if I should keep this Kitchen Printer or try and use thermal.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

A TM-U220 might be fast enough, but it will be notably slower than when it is printing in character based mode. You can view samples in the print profile editor as mentioned in my last post.

Scott