Toppings Pricing Issue

Questions and Answers about the POS Pizza 6 and newer Database
tonyscamarillo

Toppings Pricing Issue

Post by tonyscamarillo »

Hi! I've been incredibly happy with the POS setup process so far, but I'm running into a weird bug.

For certain toppings, on certain sizes of pizzas (we have 4 different sizes), the cost of the topping is either $0 or more than the customer should be charged. In some instances it is a multiple of the correct price (ie the topping should cost 2.25, and its ringing up as 6.75).

I tried using the "Topping Verification" tool, but it doesn't seem to have fixed the bug.

I haven't been able to find a reason why this is occurring - do you all have any suggestions for where I could start looking?

Thanks in advance for the assistance!
tonyscamarillo

Re: Toppings Pricing Issue

Post by tonyscamarillo »

if it helps, there is no difference in the data entered in the Toppings / Modifiers menu of the Inventory section of the Management Utility Program.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Toppings Pricing Issue

Post by Scott »

Find an item where it does this, and narrow it down to exactly which toppings on that item do this.

There are 2 forms of pricing. Flat and Individual. Flat uses the same charge on all toppings which have been marked "Is a topping". Individual is set on each topping individually for each state (half, whole, double), regardless of the "Is a topping" state.

Your problem is in one of these areas. As I said find a topping that is pricing improperly, and then go see how it is setup. For the most part only the flat topping price is normally used, and then individual pricing on only those toppings that are a different price. In those cases, the individual price only needs to be the difference, and not the whole price, since the final price would be FLAT + INDIVIDUAL if both are in use on the item.

Lastly, make sure each topping only appears one time on each item.

Scott