loyalty problems

General Information about POS Pizza 8
TOIMI

loyalty problems

Post by TOIMI »

Hi Scott,

Having an issue with the loyalty/rewards system. we have gone through and setup the point values and purchase with points values. but it doesnt look like when people purchase that they are getting the points and even when I go in and add points to the customers account it still doesnt let them use the points to purchase the item. I have made sure that the rewards/loyalty option is unchecked under disabled payment types.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: loyalty problems

Post by Scott »

The things that need to happen in order for points to work are;
  1. Order must be placed using a customer account, points will not work for walk-in type orders.
  2. Points must be set on items involved in the sale in order to give/receive points to the customer in question.
  3. Points must not be disabled in Global System Config.
  4. Points must not be disabled on the customer account currently being used.
  5. Max Reward points must not be set lower than any points value used on an item. Zero is the only exception since it disables the Max.
Scott
TOIMI

Post by TOIMI »

Scott,

Where at in global config are you talking about? Unless I missed it somewhere I believe that all of things did happen but still no points given or able to redeem
TOIMI

Post by TOIMI »

So, it looks like even though I changed the global config on the DB server, I had to go to each register and change it from each of those as well.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Global configs only need to be changed once. Your other stations simply did not update yet.

Whenever you make low-level changes such as those in Global System Config, the running systems will not update until 10 minutes for most things, and for others, they won't update until they are stopped and restarted. For this reason it is best when making changes to these settings, to exit each station to the Windows desktop, and then make the needed changes by launching the Management utility directly from the desktop, and then re-launching the POS on the other stations when you have finished making changes.

Scott