Future Updates For POS Pizza

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
stevecast2024

Future Updates For POS Pizza

Post by stevecast2024 »

Hi folks,

A couple of months ago I remember reading a post that stated some major updates were in the works including the addition of multiple credit card processors. I can't seem to locate that post now, but I was wondering if there was a time line, or if any light could be shed on upcoming updates? One of the shops that I have installed this at is using an external processor still, and hopes to get a few more choices moving into the future.

Steve
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Future Updates For POS Pizza

Post by Scott »

We've presently completed the new credit card processing stuff. All in house testing has been successful, and we are now awaiting approval and further info from a couple of our current card providers. There will be an early 7 beta release (which only includes the new payment features) at some point after the 3rd party approvals are completed. I am only making a guess here when I say it should be about a month. Some of these guys aren't moving real fast at the moment.

Scott
stevecast2024

Post by stevecast2024 »

Thanks for the update Scott. Any other new features that we could expect for 7, or mainly a focus on payments?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

The early beta is primarily focused around payments. It has new configurable keys for default cash denominations, as well as the ability to disable payment types, along with an updated and easier to use payment screen.

The innards were completely changed where payment processing is concerned and replaced with an open COM interface that is accessible to 3rd parties. This effects multiple modules within the system, which all need to be updated to be able to "do what they did before". This and making way for EMV and other changes has eaten up way more time than anticipated. This release will be an early 7 release, because there are other things that will be going into the new version as well, but are behind schedule due to the credit processing stuff.

We want to roll these changes sooner rather than later so that people can get up-to-date with their own payment processing needs. Other new features and additions will follow with subsequent updates.

Scott
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by synpse »

Thank you for the update on what is going on. It was a year ago that 6.81.00 was released. We've been tapping our fingers waiting for version 7 to come out. But, since it seems things are still in the works, we are going to re-do our database. We have some weird legacy issues from band-aids, work arounds, hot-fixes, and just not knowing what we were doing 4 years ago. I set up the 2nd store last year, and their system does not have these issues. This is mainly because I had learned and knew what I was doing at that point. Alas, Garbage In = Garbage Out. Just gotta keep people from putting garbage in. And also double-checking instead of "Enter it & forget it".

At some point, probably over a year ago, word was "Late 3rd Quarter 2015" for Version 7 release. That time has come n gone.

It would be nice if there was a "Version 7 Progress" in the announcements or somewhere, as I had to poke around to find this thread.

Keep up the good work! And keep warm, as Pennsylvania got their frozen winter. I just hope it doesn't last as long as last year.

-Mark
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Update:

We are still working with several CC processing companies getting through certifications on the newest update. This is a slow process since these companies are extremely busy, and in a few cases it involves 3-way communication with the processor, the hardware manufacturer, and us. We will roll out this update as soon as we get a couple of these certifications completed.

Scott
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by synpse »

Can we get a sticky post for the Version 7 announcements and status? It would be most helpful.