RE: Backing Up The POS Database

Questions and Answers about the POS Pizza 6 and newer Database
CataldosRD

RE: Backing Up The POS Database

Post by CataldosRD »

Couple of questions:

1) Can i back up the database in the middle of the night without stopping the DB server Admin Tool or would i need to write a script to stop the service before I copied the database and then restart it??

2) Can you please list only the necessary files that i need to back up for the POS Pizza 6 software.

Thank You!!
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: RE: Backing Up The POS Database

Post by Scott »

Generally if the system has been idle for awhile, then you should be safe to back it up without stopping the service. The only file that needs to be backed up is the pospizza.PZ6 file located in the C:\POSPizza6\Server folder. If you have created additional databases, or manually specified a different name than default, then those databases may also need to be backed up. Basically all files in the folder with the .PZ6 extension.

Scott
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: RE: Backing Up The POS Database

Post by synpse »

Also, grab your local settings .INI file in the c:\pospizza\cs\ folder, too. it really helps to have that config file.

I just ZIP the entire c:\pospizza folder and add the date to the filename. such as POSPizza-2016-01-22.zip That goes in my Google Drive folder, so it saves in the cloud. (offsite backup) And send it to my d:\BACKUP folder, which is a USB drive. (local backup) Just "in case" anything happens to the main/server computer hard drive. A little bit of prevention saves disasters. I also do the same with the X-Charge backup file. Re-installing that can be a hassle without it.