kitchen printers

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
pans2015

kitchen printers

Post by pans2015 »

Would someone explain to me if the kitchen printers are suppose to print pricing, tax and totals? The system i currently use only prints name, number and food information. I am setting up my system but only have the reciept printer hooked up. I am just trying to clarify what to expect printed at the reciept vs the kitchen. thank you
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: kitchen printers

Post by Scott »

If you are talking about receipt printers, then;

In the LT version they will print the same information that is on a receipt, but can be filtered to remove items that aren't pertinent to the kitchen.

In the SA & CS versions, you can decide what gets printed on the kitchen tickets, and the layout fonts etc..

If you are talking about lable printers, then;

The label format can be edited, so you have full control over the design and layout of the labels printed in the kitchen. Label printing is only available to the CS version.

Scott
pans2015

Post by pans2015 »

can i remove the pricing, tax and totals details from first makeline kitchen printer? my setup is a thermal printer at the register and an impact printer in the kitchen, no screens or labels.
What is currently printing in the kitchen looks identical to the reciept generated at the counter when closing out the order.

thanks, cale
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

pans2015 wrote:can i remove the pricing, tax and totals details from first makeline kitchen printer? my setup is a thermal printer at the register and an impact printer in the kitchen, no screens or labels.
What is currently printing in the kitchen looks identical to the reciept generated at the counter when closing out the order.

thanks, cale

Yes! For starters go into the local configurations and select Graphical Kitchen I + or Graphical Kitchen II + for the receipt printer type (right-hand drop-down). Do this for the printers that are your kitchen printers, on each of your machines.

This will likely be what you are looking for, or maybe be close. If it is close, you can always create your own printer definition in your preferred format, fonts, etc..

Scott
pans2015

Post by pans2015 »

got it figured out thank you.

another question though, the manual says on page 49 #26 says that the arrangement of the toppings will determine their placement on the modify item list and the order they will print. However, all my toppings are printing on the makeline 1 kitchen printer in alphabetical order. Can this be changed? I do not see any way to change this. I would like to have the toppings print in a specific make order, especially on pizzas

thanks
cale
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

If you are using the Full Topping Names, then yes, they get sorted. To see them in their original order on kitchen printers, use the following code for your items section of your print script.

Code: Select all

;  ITEMS SECTION
%el%ln%el               ; a couple emty lines, and then a LINE
:For Each Item          ; Begin Per Item Layout
%fi                         ; default full item info
:End Item                ; end of per item layout
;  FOOTER SECTION

Scott
jow3

Post by jow3 »

Please Help! i can't find a way to remove the details from kitchen printer. it is the same as receipt printer
im using LT version i want to remove the pricing tax etc... please help
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

jow3 wrote:Please Help! i can't find a way to remove the details from kitchen printer. it is the same as receipt printer
im using LT version i want to remove the pricing tax etc... please help
The LT version does not support custom receipt printing, and therefore cannot change the receipts printed either at the register, or in the kitchen. Only the full versions of POS Pizza offer this feature.

Scott