Credit Card PCI Compliance

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Credit Card PCI Compliance

Post by synpse »

So I was told today that the business is being charge extra for not being in "PCI Compliance". Owner to Manager to me (the computer guy) We are setup with MCR Card Readers, X-Charge, and Global Payments. Some salesman is going around promising better rates and integration with POS software (still vaporware to me, haven't seen anything to prove anything, yet). They tell me that we're being charge higher rates for not being in "PCI Compliance". And also on Delivery orders for manually entered cards (with customer billing zip code entered in X-Charge and signed receipts upon delivery AVS?).

Scott, I know that you know your software & stuff really well. So I'm asking for some support, feedback, and best tips.

I personally love the integration & ease of use. But if it comes to saving $$, they will want to go with the old swipe terminals on a separate Credit Card processor and processing company.

This is a "Bottom Line Dollar" issue, and deserves attention, documentation, and procedures. If we can all help eachother get the "best" setup and "best" rates, then this software is well worth the purchase price!!

I come from a manufacturing background, and ERP system integration thru VeriSign payment gateway. But all this was before 2009. I'm not currently up to date on all the recent banking changes. So.... I've got a fun weekend ahead of me!

EDIT: Oh Joy! http://www.x-charge.com/products/pdf/xc ... -truth.pdf
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Credit Card PCI Compliance

Post by Scott »

You beat me to it. There are a TON of ruthless pieces of $*** that will tell you anything to try to get a new client to sign up. You are nothing more than money to those types so BEWARE! They are liars and not to be trusted. We deal with these clowns calling us almost daily trying to push their solutions. They want us to bear the cost of development and certification, so that they can make a profit from it at our expense.

Credit card processing seems to be a place where a lot of shady stories are told by the different sales reps. This is not the case with the more reputable companies.

X-Charge and Charge It Pro are both PA-DSS certified. To have your store fully PCI compliant depends on many factors. Running a secured and PA-DSS certified software solution is only ONE of them. I do believe that both X-Charge and Charge It Pro also will assist you with making sure that you are operating in a PCI compliant manner. Things like guest WiFi and a bunch of other factors also play a role in this as well.

Scott
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

One more thing. I would strongly recommend reporting these people to the FTC and the PA Attorney General's Office. This type of practice is deceptive and illegal.

Scott
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by synpse »

Thanks, Scott. I see you share my despise towards this malice...!!!@#$@% and the headache it brings.

We are doing AVS with billing zipcode for manually entered cards, and the customer signs the receipt upon delivery. Keeps us from that surcharge.

In hindsight.. that $0.20 per trans of XCharge is a killer. the $0.12 of the ChargeItPro would've been better! If your avg ticket is under $100, go with the lower "per transaction" fee.
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by synpse »

OK, I actually found the real issue. Finally told them "point & show me"

On the Global Payments Creditcard Merchant Statement...

Line Item: 6443 PCI DSS NON COMPLIANCE FEE $18.00

This is a monthly fee charged for not completing some "PCI Assurance" questionnaire/website/thingy. Called numbers.. getting like emailed, completing, and saving $18.00 a month in fees!! Oh joy! what a fun afternoon.

EDIT: Yeah.. that wasn't very fun. Quarterly scans for network intrusion compliance.. etc.. blah blah.. GRRRR!! DONE.