Step by step closing procedure

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
Hometown Pizzeria

Step by step closing procedure

Post by Hometown Pizzeria »

Scott,

Has you or anyone created a step by step closing procedure for it is diffidently confusing until you perform it correctly a few times. I am looking for something like the following:
1. Close each driver first
A. Run the edit credit card tips first inputing all tips for each driver
B. run the driver report
C. Collect funds based on report
D. Xxxxxxxxxx
E. after all drivers are closed go to step 2.

2. Close out each cash draw?

I am lost on the proper procedure for this and what reports to run for good bookkeeping records and to assist in my recording information into quick books.

Thank you in advanced

Keith
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Step by step closing procedure

Post by Scott »

Quite honestly I think that procedure would vary depending on a few things. Things like whether or not you are using the internal credit processing module would probably be the biggest difference. You can open and close the shift at any time on the main order-entry stations regardless of what is going on elsewhere in the system. Driver reports are for the "day" so they will close at the "day ending time" automatically.

To close down the entire system as a whole you would need to;
  1. Click the cash out button to make sure that ALL orders have been marked paid. Pay for any unpaid orders correctly.
  2. Collect/Pay any drivers who are on duty according to their individual driver reports.
    Steps a, b are for Integrated cc processing, step c is for non-integrated:
    1. If you're using internal processing, tips should be processed at the time when the driver returns from his or her deliveries.
    2. If there are any pending credit card slips that have not been adjusted for tips, take care of those now before the shifts are all closed.
    3. If you are using external credit processing, just close (cash out) any open orders using the correct amounts in the payment fields.
  3. Verify that all drawers have had their shifts closed. View reports for each drawer/station.
  4. Print/View your Sales Summary Report. Compare any external credit card terminal totals with credit totals on this report. If all orders were properly marked then these totals should match. If you use the integrated card processing, then this step can be omitted.
A. Run the edit credit card tips first inputing all tips for each driver
This should be done at the end of each run if possible, but you could do them all before the driver leaves as well. All tips would need to be closed out before proceeding to closing all of your drawers unless you are at a mid-day point. The tips can be adjusted until the batch closes when processing with one of the integrated solutions.

-

Maybe some others could chime in here and tell you how they do it.

Scott
Hometown Pizzeria

Scott wrote:Quite honestly I think that procedure would vary depending on a few things. Things like whether or not you are using the internal credit processing module would probably be the biggest difference. You can open and close the shift at any time on the main order-entry stations regardless of what is going on elsewhere in the system. Driver reports are for the "day" so they will close at the "day ending time" automatically.
We are using chargeitpro integrated. We have one cash draw with two cs terminals running and they both share the one draw. The other factor is only my family runs the cs modules and cash draw access so would it be easier to only have a single login at this point for the cs module?
To close down the entire system as a whole you would need to;
  1. Click the cash out button to make sure that ALL orders have been marked paid. Pay for any unpaid orders correctly.
  2. Collect/Pay any drivers who are on duty according to their individual driver reports.
When you say collect/pay you base this from the report not a specific button right? I run their report and place the cash owed from this report in the drawer. Should I be recording their payment from their bag anyplace at this point or how does the system know I just closed out the driver and the money's are now in the draw not their bag?
Steps a, b are for Integrated cc processing, step c is for non-integrated:
  1. If you're using internal processing, tips should be processed at the time when the driver returns from his or her deliveries.
  2. If there are any pending credit card slips that have not been adjusted for tips, take care of those now before the shifts are all closed.
We do not give any drivers access to doing this only me or my son can cash out a driver. I first take the drivers credit cards and modify any tips on the system. I then run their report and collect the money and place it in the draw. At this point I have considered that driver's close out. I am not sure if I should be doing something else to inform the system the money s in the draw and his bag is closed for the day/night.
[*]If you are using external credit processing, just close (cash out) any open orders using the correct amounts in the payment fields.[/list]
I check this and everything has been closed the last two nights nothing remaining open.
[*]Verify that all drawers have had their shifts closed. View reports for each drawer/station.
I am lost here not sure how to do this or what report to run. I have never done this nor know what steps were I need to do this to close our one draw.
[*]Print/View your Sales Summary Report. Compare any external credit card terminal totals with credit totals on this report. If all orders were properly marked then these totals should match. If you use the integrated card processing, then this step can be omitted.[/list]
I still do this even being integrated just to make sure everything is right.

A. Run the edit credit card tips first inputting all tips for each driver
This should be done at the end of each run if possible, but you could do them all before the driver leaves as well.
We do this when driver checks in for the end of his/her shift.
All tips would need to be closed out before proceeding to closing all of your drawers unless you are at a mid-day point. The tips can be adjusted until the batch closes when processing with one of the integrated solutions.
We do this with the chargeitpro currently. I still am lost on your statement of closing all draws I do not know what is considered a draw is the drivers bag a draw or only our one cash draw?

We start each driver with $50 bag for their shift and I do a draw payout for $50.00 to each driver. The software is set to show each driver gets 50 to start the day.

-

Maybe some others could chime in here and tell you how they do it.

Scott[/quote]
durbancic
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by durbancic »

You will want to do a pay in (negative pay out) when you put the drivers money in the drawer after their shift.
Hometown Pizzeria

durbancic wrote:You will want to do a pay in (negative pay out) when you put the drivers money in the drawer after their shift.
Kinda confused now so I do the normal payout of $50 to each driver at begin of shift then do another payout of -50 at the end of the shift for each driver? I then do what about the cash I collected from the driver, I am assuming based on no one is saying what to do with their bag money I just put it in the draw for it is counted by the sales at the POS?

Sorry but this close out is extremely confusing but as I know it is very easy if you know the steps to perform.

Keith
durbancic
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by durbancic »

Whatever amount their closeout report says that they owe is the amount you make the pay in for. If they take 3 deliveries and owe $100 that is the pay in amount
joshwho
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by joshwho »

You Shouldn't have to make a - payout for the money that is already owed. Only for the Bank you give the driver. The money that is owed to the store should just go to the drawer and it will be in the sales report.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Okay let me start by saying, that every single drawer and every single driver are all completely separate entities in POS Pizza.

The cash collected by a driver should be kept in a bag by the driver. If any drops are made then that money either goes to a safe or a drawer, and if it is moved to a drawer, then yes a negative paid out in the amount of the drop must be made so that the drawer that you are dropping into doesn't come out over. It does not expect driver cash since it has no way of knowing about it. As I said above drivers and drawers are separate.

When closing the driver out at the end of the night, run the report one last time see how much the driver owes, or how much you owe him. Collect that amount (or pay him) and follow the same system as in the paragraph above as to how to handle that money. If you put it into a drawer, do a negative paid out. *If you owe the driver, take it out of a drawer, and use a regular (positive) paid-out.

If you go to the "Start" button in Windows and then to "All Programs" -> "POS Pizza 6 [ ]" -> "Documents" -> "POS Pizza 6 Financial Reporting.pdf" and read this document, it explains the process for a typical day and where all of the numbers wind up.

Scott
Hometown Pizzeria

Scott,

Again thank you and everyone else for their input. The key document was the document report and everything like you said was in there and I was not thinking I would find it in the reports side of the documents. I read through it last night and things made more sense and tonight we had a perfect closeout, no overages and no shortages reported.

Maybe a note in the documentation that daily opening and closing can be found in the reports documentation section, for I never thought to look there for the information.

God Bless,
Keith