Driver Check in Issue Credit Cards

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
Hometown Pizzeria

Driver Check in Issue Credit Cards

Post by Hometown Pizzeria »

We take and process the credit cards at the main POS terminals and print the credit card receipts for the drivers at the POS. The driver checked them self out and then when he comes back in and checks the delivery closed it is not prompting them for a tip on the delivery. I think it should to keep the bank correct at this point or am I missing something. Tonight each credit card delivery just closed without prompting them for a final amount or a tip, yet the cash deliveries did prompt them for a amount. I am sure I must have overlooked some check box someplace for everything other than this went smoothly.

Thanks,
Keith
durbancic
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: Driver Check in Issue Credit Cards

Post by durbancic »

If You are processing credit cards with an integrated processor, the credit cards get ripped out on the main POS screens. On the left side where the buttons are, find cc functions. In there is where tips can be added and slips reprinted.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

When you process a card with a tip in it, do it from the Main POS station, and be sure to include the tip amount. This will automatically be accounted for on the driver's report. There will be a negative amount showing for the tip received on that order so he owes that much less back to the store.

Scott
Hometown Pizzeria

So if I understand you right I take the credit cards a drive has at the end of his shift go into the main pos use the cc special key edit those with tips then close his shift out by running the report at that point and the tips will become part of the report at that point. If I ran the report prior to doing this the tips as we noticed last night would not be included until edited on the main pos. is this correct?
durbancic
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by durbancic »

Yes, this is assuming that you are using an integrated credit card processor like xcharge or charge it pro

-dan
Hometown Pizzeria

Thank you for the great information you have been a big help.

Keith
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

If the customer pre-pays the tip, then those orders won't need to be adjusted later. Any over payment on a cc order is assumed to be a tip. You can do this when initially cashing out the order and will see this when the credit card slip is printed.

Scott
durbancic
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by durbancic »

Yes, be careful if you ever have someone walk in to place an order for delivery. If they pay with cash and you give them change back DO NOT put the $ they gave you, leave it blank or put the exact amount of the order. Otherwise the system will see the change as the "tip" for the driver.