new database

Questions and Answers about the POS Pizza 6 and newer Database
cabajo1

new database

Post by cabajo1 »

which program do I use to open and create a new database for my menu. I have the free version 6.0 lt for now to try it out
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: new database

Post by Scott »

First, if you have a current database, you need to remove it. You can tell if there is a database, by simply opening the POS program. If it opens, then there's a database. If you see a message saying "Error Opening Database", then there is no database.

If there is a database, open C:\POSPizza6\LT and find the file called POSPizza.PZ6 and delete it or move it to the recycle bin. Next close your folder window, since you are all done here.

Once there is no database you will go to the "Start" button in Windows and select "All Programs" -> "POS Pizza 6 [LT]" -> "Database Creation Tool". This will launch the database creation tool, which is a wizard type tool. Follow the directions on the screen and enter the provided information. On the first page, the path and file name will be correct, so proceed to the next page and select a user name and password that will be used as your super user for the new database. On the page after that, select create an empty database (or create sample data if you want to play with the system without actually having to enter a menu into it), and then click next. When this process completes, you can now run the POS system and get into it by using the same user name and password that you used to create your super user. This will be the only user in the database (except in the case of sample data) until you create more. See the provided documentation for full details on creating users, and user rights.

Scott
cabajo1

Post by cabajo1 »

I have done that several times and each time it tries to open in adobe program saying it can't open because file was either sent as an email or decoded. I then try opening with Word,notepad,excel,and other programs and its unreadable.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

cabajo1 wrote:I have done that several times and each time it tries to open in adobe program saying it can't open because file was either sent as an email or decoded. I then try opening with Word,notepad,excel,and other programs and its unreadable.

??????

You don't need to open anything with Adobe, Word, notepad, etc... Just use the directions above. I am assuming that you are double-clicking the file POSPizza.PZ6. Don't. Just single-click it so that it highlights, and then tap the "Delete" key on your keyboard. This will send it to the recycle bin.

After that create the new file as described above using the Database Creation Tool.

Scott
cabajo1

Post by cabajo1 »

thanks,for your help I figured it out and I'm testing it. Can the color scheme be. changed, when I enter an order and add ingredients the color is black with red fonts and they are hard to read.
Thanks, again for your help.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

If you're seeing RED on BLACK then the inventory for those toppings are extremely low. The inventory levels show in 3 different color schemes as shown in the image below.

The top portion shows inventory in it's NORMAL state. The color is BLUE on GRAY.

The mid portion shows inventory running low. The color is YELLOW on DARK GRAY.

The bottom portion shows inventory extremely low. The color is RED on BLACK.

If you set your Reorder and Cutoff points to ZERO then the program will not change the colors for that particular topping/modifier.

Scott