Menu Importing

Questions and Answers about the POS Pizza 6 and newer Database
PhutFerndale

Menu Importing

Post by PhutFerndale »

Is there a way to like type up a menu in Excel or something and just import it into the program so that i don't have to constantly go from page to page trying to add a bunch of items?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Menu Importing

Post by Scott »

Since menus are tiered at multiple levels, XML is the only valid format to export/import menus to or from externally.

Internally when creating new items, you can import all of the settings, or just the toppings from another preexisting item in your database to greatly speed things up.

Scott
PhutFerndale

Post by PhutFerndale »

If i make an item in the XML form, and i leave the item number blank so that i don't accidently do duplicate items will the system know how to handle it or should i just write down each item number i need and cross out as i use them??
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

The iItemID in the items has to be unique and sequential beginning with 1 counting up for each new item.

Make sure that you use an XML Export file as your starting point so that the system gets it in the correct format. The XML Import/Export is really designed for moving menus from one location to another, but you can edit this file with the proper caution.

Scott
sulaiman

Post by sulaiman »

Hi, I exported the Menu but when i tried importing the XML file to my new machine it failed. The error was "Invalid Authenticity" or something similar. I tried to validate the menu on the Menu Import/Export tool, still it gave the same error. At one attempt it said loading but it stayed like that for 10 Minutes, i had to reboot the PC. Can someone help please?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

you cannot change the first record inside of the <pzValidation> tags. Leave that one in tact from the original export.

Scott