Pizza Sizes

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
elmonster213

Pizza Sizes

Post by elmonster213 »

Hi i just installed the client and server. adding master items right now but i dont know how to modify pizza size and prices. Is there an option for that or do i have to add a different size for the same pizza in the Master items? Example i serve gyro pizza in 5 different sizes, can i just add it once to the master item list and be able to choose small, med, lg, ect. or do i have to add 5 different gyro pizza to the list each with their own sizes?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pizza Sizes

Post by Scott »

You will need to input a master item for each variation (or size) of the items that are being sold. The best way to do this is to create one of each of your main items, then go back and do the other sizes using the "Import Item" feature to make things quicker.

In other words, create all of your pizzas like meat lovers, vegi lovers, etc. in one size (large for example). Once you have created these and added the toppings to each of them and set their amounts properly, you can then begin creating different sizes. You would then create a new item for medium meat lovers for example, and then import the large meat lovers into this new item. Now all you need to do is adjust the pricing, and the amounts of each component used on the medium versus the large. Repeat this for each size variation that will be needed.

In some cases, you can just do "Import Toppings" instead, within one size. Like create a Lg (some-type) pizza, and then create the next large pizza, and import the toppings from the first one.

The import toppings or items options are on a drop down menu when you are in the item editor for a specific item. Always go to the item that you want to import TO, and then choose an item from the import menu to import FROM to your current item.

Scott
durbancic
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by durbancic »

You could, if you really wanted to, only create 1 pizza and then make toppings to designate each size (i.e.8", 10", etc.) But the better way to do it is the way Scott explained. The way I mentioned you lose the ability to track how many pizzas of each size you sell.

Dan
elmonster213

Post by elmonster213 »

Ok thank you. That way will be fine. :)
SMBiT

Post by SMBiT »

a Menu Item wizard would be really nice for this.
would make menu creation a simpler task.