Can't find system config

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
doc

Can't find system config

Post by doc »

I just recently converted my v5 data to v6. Now when I log into v6 I can't find the system config. It is listed in the docs but all I can see on the configure page is local config and promo messages. Also, I can only find 9 reports?? Where can I find the other stuff? This isn't usable this way!

Doc
durbancic
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: Can't find system config

Post by durbancic »

If you are not getting more options you are probably logged in to the management console as a user with limited privileges. I am not sure what the system admin user is by default, but you should have created one when you created your database. Try logging in with that one. Then you are able to also change the privileges of other users.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

You are not logging in with the databases supervisor account. If you are using a v5 login right off the bat, then it doesn't have full rights. As Dan pointed out, you need to use the userID/PW that you used in creating your initial database. When you first ran the DB Creation Tool, it prompted you for a user ID and password. That user is the databases supervisor account. The remaining accounts are all imports from v5 in your case. Use the supervisor account and then you can edit the rights of your v5 account(s).

Scott
Datum

Post by Datum »

I am having the same issue. I am sure that I am using the main account that I had before. I just got back into management and noticed that everything was very limited. The delete buttons are all disabled for the items and other lists too. I will check again but I am pretty sure that I am using the correct login.

Dave
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Does anyone else have access to your supervisor account? If so maybe they have created a new super account and changed the rights on your old one?

Scott
Datum

Post by Datum »

Yes my asst manager has access. I found out that he was playing with the rights on my account. I lowered his access to custom with 254s and now he can still do what he needs to do but can't edit my account anymore.

Dave