CLOSING REPORT ISSUES

Help with the POS Pizza databases, Items + Toppings, Employees, Customers, etc
LSLPIZZA

CLOSING REPORT ISSUES

Post by LSLPIZZA »

Scenario; I have sold $500 in pizzas for a night where a cooked tax is applied. When I add coupons to the order selected from the "OTHER" menu that subtract money from the order total (this money is never taken out of the ales report for the night.) example if I had 40 in coupons the system still says I had $500 in hot sales.

How do I stop the POS from accounting for money that was never taken in?
chrispizza

Post by chrispizza »

I do the same thing. I haven't found a way around it yet, so I have a seperate store closing form I use to keep track of sales, so in pospizza if my sales are $500, I enter $500, but on the paper I would write $470 cash and $30 in coupons.

I did it this way to more accurately figure out food cost as a % of sales. Even if I sell a $10 pizza and only take $8 and a $2 coupon I want to calculate the food cost from $10 not $8, which would happen if I used the discouns in the discont area.

If you aren't tracking the food costs that way, then why not just use the discounts? That would seem to solve your problem.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

You could also catagorize the coupon in the same category as the food item that it is discounting.

Scott