Coupon info

Help with the POS Pizza databases, Items + Toppings, Employees, Customers, etc
zippaz23

Coupon info

Post by zippaz23 »

Is there any possible way to run a report to find out how much money a customer spent when ordering with a coupon. Basically I would like to be able to see how much the ticket average was for customers that ordered with a particular coupon. This way I would be able to calculate how much profit each of my marketing pieces generate. Right now I have to look through a hundred pages of individual tickets and add them up manually. It is very time consuming. Is there any way to run a report for this? Thanks.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

At the moment there is no way that I can think of to do this. It would have to be added to the system either as a custom report, or in a future update.

I will have to think about how this could be done beforehand since coupons in POS Pizza are nothing more than items with a negative price and in some cases a non-inventory item. That really complicates things from a technical standpoint. It would almost require that the items (coupons) be regular items in the database in this case and not non-inventory items. So if Item X is on the order then show the order, and tally the running total for the report period, is that the basic idea that you are looking for? What numbers are you specifically looking at order total, profit total, coupon count? The reason I am asking these questions is that the next version of the POS is in its early design phase, so I am looking at things that I think would be good additions to the program. Any feedback on this would be helpful.

Scott
zippaz23

coupons

Post by zippaz23 »

Hi Scott,

Here's an example:

I just sent out a round of postcards. The coupon on the post card was for a Free order of bread sticks and a Free 2 liter of Pepsi with the purchase of a large pizza. I set it up as a master item with the price being zero dollars. The master item name is:

FREE Bread Sticks & 2L of Pepsi- POSTCARD

I selected the option of requiring the purchase of a Large Pizza before they can order this item. It shows up on the order console with the words Bread Sticks & 2 Liter of Pepsi on the same line. I also set it up as a number coded group.

Basically what I'm looking for is the following information:

Free bread sticks & 2 liter of Pepsi-postcard (which I had setup as a master item like I stated above): what was the average ticket total when this coupon was used for certain time period that I select or what was the total of all of the tickets that contained this coupon for a time period I select. Either would do.

(ex. the customer used the coupon, they had to buy the large pizza to get the deal which was $10 plus they also added $20 worth of wings so their ticket total = $30.)

This information would let me know how much money my coupon brought it. I would be able to take the above information and say for example, the postcards cost me $500 to make and send out 1000 of them including postage. I had 50 of them returned. The offer cost me $50 in food cost. So my total cost of the post card mailing cost me $550. By knowing the above information that I talked about, I can run a report and find out the average ticket was lets say $20 so therefore the 50 redeemed post cards brought in $1000 in sales. Now I can run the math: $1000 - $550 = $450 PROFIT

Right now it's very difficult to come up with that average ticket number.

Is it possible to run reports on number coded groups that I have set up?

Another marketing report that would be very useful would be to run a report that shows which streets order the most. That way we can do HOT ZONE marketing and concentrate on advertising to these specific streets.

Thanks for responding so quickly Scott. I appreciate it. -Roger
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Thanks for the info. That helps. There are no reports for the number coded groups other than the items within them. The streets report may be doable regardless of whether the streets database was used or not. These will definitely be looked at as additions in the next version (6.x) of POS Pizza.

At the moment we're looking at gift-card support, customer loyalty and new reports. This is still aways off since we are on the tail-end of the Dine-In Module and need to complete docs for it yet.

Scott