Hald and Half Pizzas

Help with the POS Pizza databases, Items + Toppings, Employees, Customers, etc
chrispizza

Hald and Half Pizzas

Post by chrispizza »

Is there any way to do a half and half on a specialty pizza? Like a half hawaiian and supreme?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

The easiest way to do this is to put in a Half-Pizza as a separate inventory item. Then adjust the topping costs and prices accordingly. You can add a Half for each type that you want to sell by Half and Half.

So an order could look like:
  • Half-Pizza: Hawaiian $?.??
  • Half-Pizza: Meat-Lvrs $?.??
This should do the trick.

Scott
TallyPizzaMan

Post by TallyPizzaMan »

What I do is choose the more expensive pizza, say a Meat Pizza which we call the Bull and in the notes section indicate that it is 1/2 the other type say ham and pineapple which we call a Tony. I also recently changed my sub toppings to small, medium, large, XLargeXXLarge, Wings, Drinks, Specials, and other and this has made it a lot faster to find the item I am looking for.
inflames21

Post by inflames21 »

so if someone wants half hawaiian and half meatlovers i can just put 1/a meat lovers then 1/b whatever toppings on the other one? or how does it work . cause we get some pretty expensive half and half anf everyones getting it for pretty cheap if they do half anf half i want to avoid this problem.
chrispizza

Post by chrispizza »

I have the same problem. Here in Japan 98% of my orders are for specialty pizzas. There is no easy way to do this with POSPizza. The suggestion of putting in half pizzas in the toppings section really didn't work at all for me. Basically I choose another pizza with the correct pricing and hand write it on the ticket. 3 half and half orders does not really justify hours of data entry for toppings, names, prices... that is associated with doubling my menu pizza items.