Order Handling

Help with the POS Pizza databases, Items + Toppings, Employees, Customers, etc
Salonico

Order Handling

Post by Salonico »

OK. I marked the settings to purge voided items and not to keep it in history, and also to ask for reason before voiding anything, but unfortunately neither setting is working. This happens with the employee database enabled or disabled. What am I doing wrong?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Purging the order *and* getting a reason would be pointless, since you would not be storing a history of the voided order there is no place to store the reason why it was voided.

Purging voided orders removes ALL traces of the orders existance. This setting is not recommended at all.

Scott
Salonico

Post by Salonico »

I can live without the reasoning, but when I void an order that it was mistaken, the order numbers don't change thus indicating a loophole. This is what I'm talking about. Lets say I have 5 orders taken and number 3 was wrong. I deleted, but the orders #4 and 5 don't change number and the next order will be #6.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Turn off (Uncheck) the Purge Voided - No History setting under "System Config -> Order Handling". This will cause all of the order numbers to be continuous.

Scott