Double reporting of sales

Help with the POS Pizza databases, Items + Toppings, Employees, Customers, etc
Scott Orton

Double reporting of sales

Post by Scott Orton »

On my daily sales report last week, something happened that caused the 1st 4-5 transactions to be reported twice. This was not the case as we closed, the information we used was accurate and we balanced out nicely to the report but the next day, in looking at the report I noticed it was way higher than the report that we viewed at the previous close. When we got into the details, it looked as if it missed the void tag or something. I ran the data integrity check and it found nothing. I am assuming that once this report is run, it cannot be rerun, is there any way to fix this if it occurs again? is there any way to prevent it from happening? as long as I am typing, I am curious if there is anyway to create my own reports or to modify the existing ones? I'd really like to see cash vs. credit cards on the transaction report. Right now, after the order is closed, its a pain to see which ones were recorded as cash sales and which ones are credit cards. Any help would be appreciated.
Scott Orton
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

The Close Day reports can be viewed again at anytime in the future by going to the Daily Sales Report and then viewing the close period in question. You can also export the History file using the DB Utility tool and open the CSV file in Excel or something similar.

Scott
Scott Orton

Post by Scott Orton »

Viewing the report is not the problem, viewing an accurate report is. When we closed the night the report was fine. When we look at the report in the history, it is nearly 200 dollars over what the report looked like at the end of the night. Is there anyway to fix this?
Scott Orton
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

I don't know how they could have changed since the daily maintenance shows the same report data. Are you by chance running Windows ME or 98/SE ? If so make sure that you run the close day from the computer that has the program actually installed on it and not accross the network. There are known caching issues that this is sounding like.

If you are running Windows/2000 or XP I have a file that I can send you to disable the write-behind caching. This is usually the cause of this type of behavior.

There is really no way to fix the data file, but if you have dupe order #'s then I might be able to repair it with a utility program that discards dupe order numbers on a rebuild.

Scott
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

P.S.

Also make sure that you are running v5.1 of the software. Some of the earlier versions of 5.0.x.x did not actaully remove the order file after maintenance ran, it simply emptied the file. The newer revisons actaully delete the file during daily maintenance. This was done due to some people having similar problems from window's cache updating the file after the system was shut down.

Scott