How 2 computers communicate without wifi

Questions and Answers that relate to the [CS] Version of POS Pizza
Papa-Enrico

How 2 computers communicate without wifi

Post by Papa-Enrico »

Hi Scot. Hope you are safe and well.
I had to replace my client computer, screen was too small (a tablet). SO I purchased a used pos all in one, unfortunately it doesn't support wifi. It does have the ethernet slot.
1st question....Is it possible to connect the client to server without wifi but with ethernet connection?
2nd question...I know I have to install the CS version of POS Pizza on the client (new machine), but I forgot, do I install the POS Pizza LT or any other version first?
Thank you
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How 2 computers communicate without wifi

Post by Scott »

Papa-Enrico wrote:Is it possible to connect the client to server without wifi but with ethernet connection?
Of course, and this is the recommend method and is much faster and more reliable than WiFi. Connect them via a router/switch instead of a direct connection since this also adds simplicity over a direct PC to PC connection. A router being present will handle IP addressing and makes things easier than a fully manual setup.
I know I have to install the CS version of POS Pizza on the client (new machine), but I forgot, do I install the POS Pizza LT or any other version first?
Thank you
No, just install the CS client directly. The SA and LT versions are completely different, so don't install either of them.

You can get the CS installer here in the forums. See the "v7 File Repository" forum.

Scott
Papa-Enrico

Re: How 2 computers communicate without wifi

Post by Papa-Enrico »

Thank you for your help, stay safe