Mag Swipe Cards - not working

General Information about POS Pizza 8
pdpfoods

Mag Swipe Cards - not working

Post by pdpfoods »

So, trying to integrate a mag swipe reader and thus it works fine. In the management console setting up a gift card or a comp card with expiration date it will read the cards fine when setting them up and verifying the data. The issue I ran into is when I am in the main POS doing a test sale. I go to the settle the sale, I select the gift card option and then process the transaction. Immediately a window pops up asking me to swipe the card, so I swipe the card and nothing happens at all. Curious that the reader is working inside the program, I open any cursor prompt in the sale screen such as "select customer" and i can swipe any card and see the info show up on the screen. it just dosen't work when it actually prompts for the swipe when doing the transaction. I can go back to the manager console and select the unique id box for the cards and then give the test card an id also. Then when i repeat the process to do the transaction within the POS, it still dosent read the swipe but it does have the option to enter the card ID box highlighted and I am able to enter the unique ID that will in fact complete the transaction. Hmmm, I am stumped. Please help if anyone has had experience with this.
pdpfoods

Re: Mag Swipe Cards - not working

Post by pdpfoods »

Side Note:

I also was able to do a new gift card purchase from within the POS for a fixed amount of 25 bucks. I enabled the options for 5, 10, 225, etc... so i picked the 25 dollar option and did the sale and it prompted to activate by swiping the card. I swiped a card and everything was good. It took the swipe and registered everything fine. Then i did a test purchase and tried to use the same card. When it prompts to swipe the card, i can swipe all day long and it will not recognize the swipe. It just sits there. Something is definitely "wonky"....
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mag Swipe Cards - not working

Post by Scott »

A fix for this issue has been posted here: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=2353 This is only for POS Pizza v8.21.00 [CS] and [SA], and does not apply to other versions.

Scott