Program crashes

General Information about POS Pizza 8

Program crashes

Postby Papa-Enrico » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:03 pm

Hi Scott
I have the Cs version, with 2 all in one systems all setup and ben running for a couple of months. I have the main computer (the sever) with the cash register and a tablet where the phones are for phone orders as the client. My problem that encounter is sometimes the client (tablet) kicks us out of the pizzapos program while we are in the middle of an order. The client is through wifi network. What could be the reason for the crashes?
John

Site Admin

Re: Program crashes

Postby Scott » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:30 am

If the WiFi drops intermittently, the system could drop out to the desktop, but if it's a crash (unexpected stop with an error message from Windows) then there's likely some other thing going on causing the problem.

A corrupted record in the customer or item database could be the cause in such a case. If a corrupted record is the cause you should notice it happening with the same customer or same item regularly. In such a case, delete the bad record and then add it again and that should fix the issue. WiFi drops can also contribute to corrupt records if it happens during a write operation.

Scott

Return to General Information