Paid Out Not Reflected?

General Information about POS Pizza 8
treefetty

Paid Out Not Reflected?

Post by treefetty »

When I pay someone out of the drawer using "paid-out" The amount doesn't seem to be reflected in my sales summary and I end up being short. Am I doing something incorrect?

Also "overpayment to driver tips" Does this work for credit cards as well? What is the significance of this? Why keep track of tips like this? Also is there a way to differentiate if you have 2 drivers who had what tips? I am hoping I will be able to use the driver module to help with this. Thanks!

I have just recently bought the full version and I look forward to using it and all the new features. Thanks!
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Paid Out Not Reflected?

Post by Scott »

Paid Outs have their own column on the sales summary report. For your over/shorts for a drawer however, you should be using the drawer report, not the sales summary report. The drawer report shows payments logged into a specific drawer, and will give the over short whenever you close the shift at that station.

The sales summary report is just grand totals for all type of payments selected. So you should not use the cash column in the sales summary as a drawer total, because it is not, so it does not reflect paid-ins and paid-outs, those have their own column on the sales summary report.

Over-payment to tips, automatically applies any over-payments as tips for delivery orders. So for cash, instead of showing change due, it will be added to the tip column. For credit cards it has no effect, since any extra put on a credit card is automatically assumed to be a tip. If you use a credit card on a 7.35 order, and enter in 10.00 for the amount tendered, the card will be charged 10.00, of which 2.65 will show as a tip.

Scott
treefetty

Post by treefetty »

Thank you for the reply. So on the Sales Summary I see where it shows the "paid out" amount but I don't see it reflected in the net sales like the driver fees and sales tax are.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Paid-outs/ins are not part of net sales. Net sales has to do with sale amounts, and not drawer cash amounts.

As I said earlier, they are taken into account for each drawer that does them, and this is shown on the drawer report. That is where you want to locate any over/shorts for each shift, on each station.

Scott