X-Charge Integration crash out

Discussions about current add-on packages for POS Pizza
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

X-Charge Integration crash out

Post by synpse »

Just updated to the new release 6.00.93 also updated the X-Charge Integration.

Somehow they're getting POS Pizza to crash AFTER X-Charge has successfully run the transaction.

Then, they try to run it again, and get a duplicate error. That's a good thing, because the card has already been charge.

I really don't have much information at this moment. I think it's the version 8 of X-Charge. I would hope POSPizza was tested with the new version of x-charge, with all these updates and changes and everything going on lately.

I'll post more on here as soon as I get the chance to examine the situation. As for now, the fire is put out. It works most the time. IDK How they're breaking stuff.. but.. y'kno.. users amaze me.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: X-Charge Integration crash out

Post by Scott »

Nothing has changed as far as how X-Charge is accessed from the POS from 6.8x to 6.9x, same APIs, same exact calls, just a new module to interface with the new POS API.

Intermittent problems are not fun to track down.

Scott
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by synpse »

OK, so, just to verify, the Old X-Charge integration module will NOT work with 6.93 correct?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

The old X-Charge module is good with v6.6 to v6.81 only.

Scott
stevecast2024

Post by stevecast2024 »

Scott,

I am having an exact identical issue, however, I am having it with Charge It Pro. As soon as the transaction with ChargeItPro is approved POSPizza will crash out. This happens about 50% of the time. It happens regardless of whether the customer card is on file, or if its a pickup, delivery, etc.

This has been an issue since ChargeItPro was integrated with the new version of CIP. We let it go for a while but with summer ending the staff is getting frustrated with the crashing. All sales go through but POSPizza crashes and needs to be restarted.

Steve
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Steve,

The best recommendation I can make at this point in time is to go back to the version of ChrageItPro that worked properly with POS Pizza.

I won't be able to address these companies specific issues until after v7 is released.

Back in March we tried doing a re-inegration with ChargeItPros new platform, and we couldn't even get the processing portion to load without returning an error code. Their dev support group didn't know what that particular error number was and things stalled on their end. I got frustrated and moved on because v7 has already been postponed for a year now due to other card processors and their software.

Completing v7 is the number 1 priority at this point in time. After the release of v7 we will re-assess which CC processing platforms and decide what will be done with each of them. We may end support with some of them, but will continue supporting the older modules until they are no longer used.

I will post any updates to this when the time comes, and there will be plenty of advance notice. ChargeIt Pro will be the first one that we work on after the release of v7, and there is no plan for dropping support with them.

Scott