caller id - waiting for call

Discussions about current add-on packages for POS Pizza
Wayne

caller id - waiting for call

Post by Wayne »

We purchased and installed a Whozz Calling 4 POS with the ethernet interface and set it up according to the instructions. It seemed pretty straight forward, but whenever calls come in, they don't show up on the Order entry screen.

The CallerID button is active on this screen. If we open CallerID, it shows our 4 lines as Waiting For Call. The lights on the WhozzCalling box do flash when a call is coming in, so it seems to be aware of the incoming call.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: caller id - waiting for call

Post by Scott »

Check the serial port to make sure that data is properly coming from the unit. If you have a terminal program close the CID server, and open the terminal program and verify data comes in on that port at the start, and end of each call.

Also, the Whozz Calling 4 (Not Whozz Calling 4 POS or Lite) can be auto-detected using the button to detect the unit in CID server setup. Does this find your device?

Scott
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Thanks Scott.

I'll pickup a serial cable tomorrow and run the test you recommended.

In the CID server setup, I clicked on the auto-detect button and it correctly found the Whozz Calling device at the default IP of 192.168.0.90.

I also tried downloading the tools from callerid.com, EL Popup and EL Config. I stopped the CID server, then launched EL Popup. It correctly displays Caller ID info for incoming calls.

After this test, I uninstalled the EL Tools and restarted our POS server. It still shows "Waiting For Call" on the Order Entry/Caller ID screen. Note that the Order Entry/Caller ID button has an overlay of a blue circle/Info icon. Not sure if this is normal or not.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Is your unit Serial or Ethernet?

If it's an Ethernet unit set the unit up like this:

Also disable any firewalls on the machine that the POS Pizza Whozz Calling server software is running on. If it starts to work, then go back and add an exception to the firewall, and restart it.

Scott
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

We have the ethernet model, configured as shown in your screen shot, except we're filtering for the actual IP address of our Whozz Calling device.

As you suggested, the Windows firewall was the culprit. I didn't realize that we need to allow inbound connections to the POS server from the Whozz Calling device. I added the necessary rule and all is well.

Thanks,

Wayne
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

You can remove the filter (except in the case where you have two or more caller ID boxes on the network segment). Give it a shot without the filtering enabled.

Scott
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Thanks Scott. That works too. Zeroing out the IP address doesn't get the job done though. We actually have to uncheck the "filter by IP" box, which makes perfect sense.

Thanks,

Wayne