Strange Whozz Calling add on issue

Discussions about current add-on packages for POS Pizza
mal247

Strange Whozz Calling add on issue

Post by mal247 »

I am running Pizza POS LT 6.4.

I installed the Whozz Calling add on.

It cannot find my ethernet POS Lite unit.

I downloaded the Caller ID support software - it finds the unit perfectly.

I can ping the IP address of the unit with no problems.

However, every time I attempt to start the Whozz Calling server, I get error 57.

For giggles, I installed the Pizza POS LT and whozz Calling software on another computer on the network, and it works fine - it sees the unit and the caller's number shows up in Pizza POS with no problems.

Please help...this is driving me crazy...thanks!
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Strange Whozz Calling add on issue

Post by Scott »

I am assuming that you have the CID port set to "UDP/IP" in the configuration, so I would have to guess that it is some type of firewall issue either 3rd party or Windows.

If you are running a firewall add the file C:\POSPizza6\Whozz\CIDWhozz.exe to the exceptions list in the firewall configuration.

Some firewalls don't like the fact that the software has to work as a server since it opens a port and listens for broadcasts from the CID unit.

Since the unit ran on another machine without problems, it sounds like something is blocking the communication to the software on your current computer.

Scott
mal247

Re: Strange Whozz Calling add on issue

Post by mal247 »

Scott,

I downloaded the ELConfig utility and my machine can see and communicate with the Whozz Calling Unit. For whatever reason, POS Pizza can't. I even completely disabled my Windows Firewall and it still doesn't work. Any ideas? Please email me, I don't mind paying for your time.

Thanks,
Mark