Online Ordering Edit Help

Discussions about current add-on packages for POS Pizza
joshwho
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Online Ordering Edit Help

Post by joshwho »

Hey Scott Im trying to figure out where you have the error messages locate at I want to edit the message that says "**Customer Account Not Found! Please call so that we can set up online ordering for you." and put the create account link in its place.

Also I am having a hard time trying to get the Signup link to be below the submit order button.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Online Ordering Edit Help

Post by Scott »

This would be handled in the #ordlist SSL tag. It is a parameter value where you can modify the default error messages. These are stored internally in the server but can be modified by passing the desired text as a parameter here. See page 12 of the POS Pizza 6 Online Ordering Docs for full details.

Scott
joshwho
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by joshwho »

SO what exact file do I put that in? in the index.html? Or is this in the css file?

This is all it tells me

#ordlist - Displays current items on customer's order. / Finalizes newly added items.
Prerequisites: None unless finalizing a freshly added order item, in that case it must immediately follow the
page containing the #tpglist.
Options:
Error messages, if you want to change the default message. Do so by adding errtxtXX="New Message"
where XX is:

What html file has the xx where I suppose to add the new error message i want to put in its place?
joshwho
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by joshwho »

Another Question I have is if a customer already exists how would they add a password to there online account?

i thought maybe the change password op would work but it doesn't let you leave the current password field blank.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

joshwho wrote:SO what exact file do I put that in? in the index.html?
It depends on where your shopping cart is. If you are using our red template, then it will be on the redindex.html page. It is SSL so it will be inside of an HTML comment block. You would add the parameters to change the desired text to #ordlist tag by placing it inside of the comment, and after the wording #ordlist somewhere (separated by a space). Something like;

<!-- #ordlist param1="my desired value" param2="my desired value" -->

Also include any other parameters that you need. The CSS only sets the fonts and type styles for the entire group of pages as well as defining some internal classes that the server outputs.

Scott
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

joshwho wrote:Another Question I have is if a customer already exists how would they add a password to there online account?

i thought maybe the change password op would work but it doesn't let you leave the current password field blank.
The existing customers with no password can use the create customer. As long as they use the same phone number their online data will be stored with their existing account.

Scott
joshwho
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by joshwho »

Scott wrote:
joshwho wrote:Another Question I have is if a customer already exists how would they add a password to there online account?

The existing customers with no password can use the create customer. As long as they use the same phone number their online data will be stored with their existing account.

Scott
When I try to test that out with a account that already exist I see this message "Account Already Exists Error!" And it doesnt let me create a password for it.
joshwho
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by joshwho »

I just created account using the management utility I want you to see what I am talking about.

go here http://www.fulgenzis.com/order.php

use the phone number 8888888888 and the first and last name is test test
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

There is a hidden field with the value of replaceinfo that turns off or on the ability to allow customer to "change" existing accounts. The default value is NO for this field. This field can be found in the sample file redaddaccount.html. Modify the line from that file shown below to be YES instead of NO.

Code: Select all

<!-- The value "replaceinfo" below will allow the cgi to update any missing fields from the customer
         // account, IF the phone number matches an existing customer with NO online password set in their account.
         // If set to "NO" then existing customer accounts cannot be modified by this cgi -->
         <input type="hidden" name="replaceinfo" value="NO">
Scott
durbancic
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by durbancic »

Josh, Scott,

A little off topic here, but I noticed something odd when browsing your menu. If I look at an item, and scroll down to the bottom of the page, then use the browser back button, click on another item, the page will still be scrolled to the bottom. I was thrown off at first, thinking there was nothing on the item, but everything was there once I scrolled up. Is there a way to have it automatically scroll up to the top on each page?

Dan
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

It's more than likely that the browser thinks its the same page, since it is dynamically generated. There may be a browser setting for this, but I am not sure. Even if you put a "top" link, it will more than likely attempt to take you back to where you last were.

Which browser are you using? I will go try this myself.

Scott
durbancic
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by durbancic »

Using Firefox
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

I couldn't get mine to do that (Firefox 16.0.2). I went to one Item, scrolled to the bottom of the toppings list (next page), then used the back arrow, and selected a different item. It was at the top of the page on the new item.

Scott