Caller ID error

Discussions about current add-on packages for POS Pizza
durbancic
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Caller ID error

Post by durbancic »

We have been noticing an error on the POS when using the caller id. It is hard to explain, so bear with me. We were having trouble replicating it, but this is the general process to go through.

An order taker takes an order, doesn't use the caller ID. Instead, they type in the number on the main POS screen (have not tested if this happens while in an order). The number given is a new customer without a record in the POS. If the last call that came in on line 1 of the caller ID is from a land line (because cellular, wireless, call, etc are blanked out when using caller id) the name will be automatically inserted in the first and last name fields and the customer editor will be up so that the order taker can insert the address, etc. We had this happen twice on Saturday and it definitely causes confusion when cashing out orders!
So for this to happen a few conditions have to be met:
1. Punch in number on main POS
2. Number is a new customer
3. Last call on line 1 had a name in the caller id

Dan
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Caller ID error

Post by Scott »

Hmm, tried those steps here with no names populating. Is the cashier possibly clicking begin order from the CID list?

I'll continue to look into this.

Scott
durbancic
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: Caller ID error

Post by durbancic »

No, they are not clicking begin order from there. I was able to duplicate it, but I did notice that something prevents this error from happening. My guess would be once the caller id box is opened once logging in, the error does not happen. The new number being used must be a new unique number with no record.