Very Very Slow Credit Card Processing

Questions and Answers that relate to the [CS] Version of POS Pizza 6 and 7
stevecast2024

Very Very Slow Credit Card Processing

Post by stevecast2024 »

Hi folks. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue. Chargeitpro mandated an upgrade to the latest version of their esserver last month. Now at 2 different shops, it takes 15 to 20 seconds minimum for a card to process. Cashiers try clicking it over and over which obviously ends up with a crash. We have tried telling them to just let it process but they become impatient and click over and over.

Has anyone else had this issue with the latest chargeitpro updates? Is there a work around? I am on the verge of replacing the PCs at both stores to get some faster equipment but I am wondering if that will even make a difference. I wanted to see if anyone else had any thoughts.

Maybe we can use the old OCX DLL with the new server? It seems the old OCX was very stable and processed immediately.

Steve Castellano
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Very Very Slow Credit Card Processing

Post by Scott »

I would go back to the old version, if you can't figure it out. We have also nearly completed a PAX integration with ChargeIt Pro, which should be available very soon.

Scott
stevecast2024

Post by stevecast2024 »

Sorry for the long delay in replying... Both of my shops are still having a lousy time using the EIServer that Chargeitpro made us switch to. I do try going back to the old ocx but everything shows as declined now when using the old ocx. Unless i am doing something wrong when switching back. Have you had any other complaints? Should we reach out to Chargeitpro?

Steve
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Hi Steve,

There have been no other complaints. I would have ChargeIt Pro update your installation to their latest software or you may want to consider switching over to the PAX units instead. We have PAX S300 support for ChargeIt Pro as an option as well now. Contact ChargeIt Pro, and let them know about your issue, and ask them to update you to their latest software. They will remote in, and do the update for you.

Scott