How Many Clients

Questions and Answers that relate to the [CS] Version of POS Pizza 6 and 7
franke

How Many Clients

Post by franke »

Scott,
How many clients can run on a single dongle on my server? just purchased and installed over the weekend; I had a demo sent to me and I could run multiple
clients on the server. today when I got everything going and tried to log 2 clients on it wouldn't let me!
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How Many Clients

Post by Scott »

You purchased just the base license, so one order-entry client can be run at a time, and multiples of others like Management, Driver Dispatch, and make-lines.

To add more licenses for order-entry stations you need to purchase "Add-on node licenses" for each additional station needed. The licensing requirements for each module are described below.

Modules that require order-entry licenses:
  • Main POS Module
  • Premium POS Module (also requires a Premium license for the site {only one is required per store})
  • Online Ordering Module
  • Dine-In Module
Modules that do not require a license to run:
  • Management Utility
  • Driver Dispatch
  • Make-Line Screens, Label Print servers
  • Downloaded utilities like Caller ID, or Premium Profile Tool
Scott
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

P.S. You can add the licenses by going to our online store and purchasing whatever you need. You will receive a dongle update file that will add the licenses to your current dongle.

Scott
franke

Post by franke »

Scott,
So if I understand this correctly
I need to purchase licenses for each additional client and then just 1 premium licenses to run on all of the clients that I have at 1 single location?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

franke wrote:Scott,
So if I understand this correctly
I need to purchase licenses for each additional client and then just 1 premium licenses to run on all of the clients that I have at 1 single location?
Yes, that is correct. The premium license is just once per store, and you will need to purchase individual licenses for any additional order taking stations that you want to be able to run at the same time.

Scott