Delivery Drivers

Questions and Answers that relate to the [CS] Version of POS Pizza 6 and 7
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Delivery Drivers

Post by synpse »

I'm trying to get things 100% right on all of this.

We're currently doing "nightly bag drops" instead of checking orders Out/In throughout the day. I know the system wasn't completely designed this way. We used to do the Negative Paid Out to put the money in the drawer. That got super confusing.

Can someone help me with the current way to do this stuff right?! Or.. "This is how we do it"

I saw there is a "starting bag amount" for the delivery drivers. Right now, we use a paid out for the $25, then a -$25 to put it back in the drawer at the end of the night.

So.. End of shift for delivery driver..
1. Pay for Checks in POS. (normal cash out, in POS)
2. Enter Credit Card Tips in POS.

Delivery Console
1. Open Delv Console
2. Log in
3. Check OUT orders
4. Log in again
5. Check IN orders
6. Click "Cash Payment" button a bunch of times
7. Open Delivery Driver Report, find the RED "Driver Owes $$$$" amount.
8. Do a Driver Drop of that amount. (which is currenlty not the "on hand" amount) i'm off somewhere on that. some checkbox.
9. Put the $$$ and the Drop Receipt in an envelope.
10. Clock Out n go home.

Scott, Is the documentation up to date for 6.93 ?

Like I said, I'm auditing our processes and methods, and hoping to get this dialed in 100%. We may get drivers to cash out orders when they get back, instead of standing around til closing time, and THEN acting like they are busy.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Delivery Drivers

Post by Scott »

No the docs haven't been updated yet. 6.9 was never supposed to happen, as it's features were going to be a part of v7.

How drivers are handed by the system (as designed):

First all driver income / order payment is separate from any drawers, and drivers are each treated as their own drawer. Use the driver reports.

Driver starting bank can come from anywhere, doesn't have to be a station's drawer, but can be. If it does come from a station's drawer, then (only in that case) a paid out would be done on that station, so that the drawer doesn't come up short.

Credit card or pre-paid delivery orders will be paid for at the main POS station, using either the cash out option, or paying when the order is first entered. These orders will show up with lines through the amount on the delivery driver's report, because they are not responsible for that order's payment. Orders paid for at the register which include a tip, will show up with a negative (-) amount on the driver's report, because this effectively lets them keep the tip amount out of any cash that they owe back to the store.

Driver's will use the driver console for each run, checking orders in and out as they go, and marking cash orders paid at the driver console. It is highly recommended to disable the other payment option at the driver console. This allows drivers to bypass payment.

Driver's keep their bag money, and can optionally do drops along the way if this is needed/wanted by the store's management. Drops should be kept separate from any POS station drawers, but if they are added to a drawer, be sure that a NEGATIVE PAID-OUT is done in the same amount being added to that drawer. Otherwise, the drawer will be over. Drops will be done by a manager at the driver's station for that driver, so that their report is accurate.

At the end of a driver's shift, the driver (or manager) will print out the driver close report. This report is available at the driver console, or in the management utility. This report will show every run made by that driver, his starting cash, his cash taken in, and deduct any pay per run, etc. that the driver gets paid, and show you what they owe the store, or what the store owes them.

Collect (or pay) this money. This can go straight to the safe, or put into a POS station's drawer if that's how you'd rather handle it. Remember, if you put it in the drawer, do a NEGATIVE PAID OUT in the exact amount of how much cash that you are adding to that station's drawer so that the station is not over.

That is really all there is to it. As long as you follow these guidelines, the driver reports, and drawer reports will all be accurate.

Scott
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by synpse »

I've gotta look through some of the delivery fee stuff, and the check over payment tips, and overpayment.. but NOT at 5am.

Where does this "driver starting money" come from? I see there is a field in the employee account. We're doing the paid out/in stuff.

I'm just ending up with it saying "Driver has 96.12 on hand" when they need to do a drop for like 92.12 for the report to equal $0
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

synpse wrote:Where does this "driver starting money" come from? I see there is a field in the employee account.
The amount is set in each driver's account. It can come from a drawer using a paid out, or it can come from the safe or wherever else you want it to come from.

If drivers' provide their own bank, then set the amount to 0.00 on their account.

Scott
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by synpse »

Right now, we use a paid out for the $25, then a -$25 to put it back in the drawer at the end of the night.
OK, so we are doing the Paid Out / Paid In from the drawers. So leaving this at ZERO is the correct setting, Right?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

synpse wrote:OK, so we are doing the Paid Out / Paid In from the drawers. So leaving this at ZERO is the correct setting, Right?
No, you want to set it to $25.00. This number is used by the driver reports. If you provide the bank (no matter which way), the number in the employee should match the bank amount provided. You can then use the driver report to know exactly how much they owe to you or you owe to them.

Drops should also be done in the driver dispatch console, if you collect drop money during their shift. If you only collect at the end, then no need to worry about drops in the system.

Scott