No Longer Able to Access Remote Database

Questions and Answers that relate to the [CS] Version of POS Pizza 6 and 7
stevecast2024

No Longer Able to Access Remote Database

Post by stevecast2024 »

Hi Scott,

Since the latest update I am no longer able to access remote databases. Steps that were taken are as follows:

Stopped all processes in the local shop
Updated system in local shop
Opened the management console and saved changes
Started all other processes

Updated the remote management computer
Now upon connecting nothing at all happens... No errors. Double click Management console and nothing.
Ran local config and verified DB and server
Completely uninstalled remote computer and deleted local config
Reinstalled and readded remote client info. Same issue

Ran a telnet to from remote computer to the server db on port 54181 and it connects without any issue. Shown by a blinking cursor.

So no firewall or networking issues.

Any thoughts?

Steve
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: No Longer Able to Access Remote Database

Post by Scott »

In the 6.90.01 build there was an encryption error reading the remote server info. This was corrected in v6.90.02. Make sure that is the version that you are running if you are using remote databases or not using auto-detect server.

Scott
stevecast2024

Post by stevecast2024 »

Alright. Tried that. Updated both the store and the remote computer with the latest version and same issue. Ran a full uninstall on the remote machine. Re-entered the IP address, ran the management utility and nothing. Cursor spins for about 3 seconds then stops. No errors, no warnings nothing at all happens.

Steve
stevecast2024

Post by stevecast2024 »

Alright.. After some playing around, I found that I could get it to work once I unchecked to display a list of databases in the local config. With that checked, nothing would happen. This is okay for now, but I have 2 separate locations using this so I will probably have to go in and manually change the database each time I need to access a different store.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

I'm looking into. Not sure why this would be happening.

Scott
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

*UPDATE*

I was able to duplicate this, and found the issue, and have corrected it. It had to do with the new payment API which now shares the database lookup routines with the other modules.

This fix will be released with the next update shortly. I am going to wait about a week, so that any other bugs or issues that pop up can be addressed too. This newest version has extensive internal changes to support the new payment API.

Scott