Removable Standard Buttons are yellow

Questions and Answers that relate to the [CS] Version of POS Pizza 6 and 7
Jennys

Removable Standard Buttons are yellow

Post by Jennys »

Hello,

We have a works pizza in 4 sizes. The large is showing two RS toppings in yellow and even when you make them green they won't print on the ticket. Then the medium has the same problem with one of the RS toppings. The small and the personal works are fine. All the settings seem to be the same so I cannot figure out why that is doing that on the large and medium.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Removable Standard Buttons are yellow

Post by Scott »

1. Go into each topping and make sure that the Short (Abrv) field is filled in on all of them
  2. Go the the Maintenance menu and run the Item Toppings Validator
This should make the toppings print correctly.

The yellow is a different issue. This means that the system believes that those toppings are running low in inventory. You can either add to the inventory or lower the "Reorder" value on those toppings.

Scott
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Removable Standard Items don't print on the ticket by default. For example if you have a meat-lover's pizza that contains Pep, Ssg, Ham, and Bacon, and the customer ordered it as-is it would show: Meat Lover's Pizza. If bacon were omitted, then Meat Lover's Pizza w/No Bac.

To enable standard toppings printing on certain items, go to the master item editor, and on the "Options" tab page check the box Always Print Standard Toppings. If this were the case then the above would print all of the standard toppings even though they are already included.

Another thing to consider. It is best to not allow double on standard toppings. I would use "Extra _____" as additional toppings for these. An example of this is Cheese. I would have the Cheese as a separate topping as Extra Cheese.

Scott
Jennys

Post by Jennys »

Still baffled. Tried your suggestions and nothing. On the large it's the ham & sausage and the green peppers on the medium. All of those toppings work fine on other items as removable standard toppings. I do not use the inventory control, all toppings still say "never". Also I was referring to the kitchen print out. I'll keep messing with it and maybe you'll have more suggestions in the meantime. Thanks!
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Did you run the Item Toppings Validator? It sounds like the short names were added after the toppings were originally added to the items that don't work.

Scott